Marlin new gun ?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Marlin new gun ?

Post by glen ring »

Does Marlin make a 357 cowboy ? I saw a shooter's bible that showed a long, octagon barrel cowboy rifle with straight stock and checkering. The magazine also showed a 357 cowboy competition with a shorter octagon barrel and no stock checkering. Is this correct. The longer barrel version looks like what I want in 357.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day
They no longer make the 24" version. I advertised in the Australian Single action newsletter for mine. I wanted a 44mag and am very pleased with it. My mate uses a standard 357 and with heavy loads in both the extra weight out front seems to dampen the recoil to a similar level to his.
Juddy
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day
They no longer make the 24" version. I advertised in the Australian Single action newsletter for mine. I wanted a 44mag and am very pleased with it. My mate uses a standard 357 and with heavy loads in both the extra weight out front seems to dampen the recoil to a similar level to his.
Juddy
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

As stated before Marlin stopped making the 24" barrel about 4 years ago. I just picked up a 44 cowboy with 24" a few months ago on gunbroker. It seems there are more 357s available than 44s with the 24" and at better prices.

Be patient you'll find one. The 24 hangs a bit better and the longer sight radius helps. Too bad the Cowboys like the shorter barrel

Ken
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

third cowboy gun

Post by glen ring »

Thanks guys,
I;m going to the big gun show in Tulsa next month and hopefully I;ll find either a 357 or 30-30 with the 24 inch oct. Barrel.
Steve Tapp
B Poster
B Poster

marlin new gun?

Post by Steve Tapp »

Marlin will rebarrel a new gun with a 24" barrel for around $300.
timfinle
A Poster
A Poster

Post by timfinle »

A marlin 1894 cl with a 24 inch oct barrel just went for 725 with 24 bidders.
tim