Sights

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Sights

Post by ChuckD »

I remember seeing a new rear sight very similar to a Redfield 75 it was a couple years go). I think it wa a Battle zone or Battle ...something. It was a bit pricey $245?
Anyone remember anything?
thanks
chuck
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Sights

Post by TheBugFather »

The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
ChuckD
A Poster
A Poster

Post by ChuckD »

Thats Them!
thanks
chuck
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

dwostler wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:35 am www.dwbattlesight.com

Dennis
I'm having a hard time not hitting the buy button on that sight. Can anyone who has one comment, positive and/or negative, on them?
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

They look so redfield 75 it aint even funny.... problem is you can buy to used redfields for the price of one of those... not saying they are not worth it.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

cedestech wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 am They look so redfield 75 it aint even funny.... problem is you can buy to used redfields for the price of one of those... not saying they are not worth it.
Where can I buy Redfields? I apparently don't know where to look.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

These are Redfield 70's copies, just more modern.
They don't require the custom bases that Redfield 75's require

He sells a thin spacer for thin receivers like the 39a.
Winchesters and Marlins that are factory drilled and tapped have the same hole spacing, from what I know...
That isn't very much.
I don't own one of his, but I have a couple of the 70's and 2 of 80's series Redfields.

For our game, you don't need more than the 60's scale and maybe the 90's scale if you are shooting slow moving bullets far, like me.

Dennis
The Bug Father
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

They pop up randomly on Ebay or at matches or even here sometimes.

Or you can get the Williams FPTK and a Gib lock from Brownell.

Like I said, those are really nice sights and I am sure they are well worth what he charges to make them.

MOTO VITA wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:31 am
cedestech wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 am They look so redfield 75 it aint even funny.... problem is you can buy to used redfields for the price of one of those... not saying they are not worth it.
Where can I buy Redfields? I apparently don't know where to look.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Thursday, 30 August, there are several Redfield 75 sights on ebay right now.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

jnyork wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:18 pm Thursday, 30 August, there are several Redfield 75 sights on ebay right now.
How can I tell which ones will fit on a Marlin?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

None do. You will have to have to find a base if it doesn't come with one and D&T the receiver or drill the base to fit the pre-drilled holes in the receiver.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Post by MOTO VITA »

cedestech wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:04 pm None do. You will have to have to find a base if it doesn't come with one and D&T the receiver or drill the base to fit the pre-drilled holes in the receiver.
Is the offset the same on all the sights and will they all fit a flat receiver once I find a mount?
elevenbravo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by elevenbravo »

in response to your question about offsets on redfield type 7o and 75 sights, there are about 10 different widths
of slides and two heights models, redfield made sights for so many models of rifles and tried to center the aperture
block on most models, also right hand and left hand mounts are found along with some tang mounts, savage 99
is a common find. I have been rebuilding and remanufacturing redfield sights for years and build new bases for marlin
and Winchester using any model of redfield 70 and 75 sight. I can never find enough clean. complete sights for my
projects, and I will remanufacture a customer supplied sight to fit your rifle, contact me at,
724-726-9580, plviola22@gmail.com, I also manufacture a totally new style of receiver sight for lever action
competition
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Moto Vita,
The 75's require a custom mounting block for them to work with lever action rifles.
The 70's (and 80's) series don't require a mounting block.
But you need to buy the correct model (little letter codes on back and box) to match the holes on your rifle.
Dennis
The Bug Father