Gulf Coast CLA 120

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Gulf Coast CLA 120

Post by cedestech »

We will be having a 120 shot CLA match at Pearland Sportsman Club Sept. 21-22 this year. It is a registered match.

Will announce the details as they get worked out but it'll be in a 40 shot/lunch/40 shot Saturday and 40 shot/shootoffs/awards Sunday.

It's a very nice range with good facilities and nice hotels 15 minutes away.

It will be limited to 48 shooters unless I get a large over flow and may add another relay.

Contact me if you'd like to be put on the list. I attached the program and will get a entry form to the people on the list in a couple months.

Emmett Dibble cedestech@yahoo.com
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Re: Gulf Coast CLA 120

Post by cedestech »

12 hours and 30 pre-entries already. If you are out of town and may be interested email me.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

It was just brought to my attention that the match conflicts with another large regional match. My mistake. I am looking into moving it to the 3rd weekend in August... 16, 17, 18th.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Thanks for being considerate of other conflicting dates. Just whatever date you decide on, keep my name in the line up.
There’s no doubt that this tournament will be as good as the one at Bayou Rifles. I’ll be there.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
squinty_shooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by squinty_shooter »

Emmet,
I wholeheartedly agree with Danny, There is a TREMENDOUS amount of work putting on a match like this and trying to keep dates from conflicting is a giant PINA, with available weekends, good dates for weather, range availability etc. Thanks for all your HARD work. I support you, and count us in as well!
Kimbal
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Emmett. Surely you won’t have any NFL officials helping out. That could be an issue. =))
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

dhatch wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:36 pm Emmett. Surely you won’t have any NFL officials helping out. That could be an issue. =))
I am assuming some people wouldn't mind as long as I called the line hot while they were downrange...

Not a stick or ball sport follower but I believe there are some disgruntled fans that would find that acceptable...
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Emmett:
I'll be there - looking forward to coming to the "Big City" and a 120 round match.

Michael
Rockport - a little-bitty town
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Date fixed. It will be August 16-18th.

Will have more info and entry forms in a few months.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

cedestech wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm Date fixed. It will be August 16-18th.

Thank you, Emmett!
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

lijeboy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:15 pm
cedestech wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:32 pm Date fixed. It will be August 16-18th.

Thank you, Emmett!
Mam, you are very welcome.

:)
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

As of this morning I have 44 people on the pre-entry list. If you haven't told me you'd like to be on the list please do.

I'd really like to cap the match at 48 but can accommodate 60 if I have to. 55ish would give us open banks of animals to use for alibis
with out having to stop the match.

We shot Randy Parkers normal monthly match yesterday and there won't be too much range maintenance that will need to be addressed before the match in August. Anyone wanting to shoot the range before August let me know and I'll get you the information. Randy has a monthly match on the 3rd Saturday every month. It's shot in a IMSHA format so there is enough time to shoot 3 - 40 shot matches if you'd like for practice. I will get exact firing line distances to you later but they are within normal variances.

I am looking at catering right now. The problem I having is trying to figure out what will be fairly appetizing in possible 95+* weather. If anyone has any recommendations PLEASE email me and I would love to take it under advisement. The firing line is long and we will have a medium sized covered pavilion area next to the range also.

cedestech@yahoo.com
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Entry form. Go ahead and start sending them if you'd like. If you HAVE NOT contacted me about getting on the list please do....

I have 48 people so far and really want to cap it at 50.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Just emailed the latest update. If you didn't receive an email but you know you are on the list get a hold of me. This match is full.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Had several people that couldn't make it and we ended up with 35 shooters...

Looks like 2 team, one open, one senior and one womans record was set and Iain Anderson as a junior with 94 chickens.... (combination he ran out of ammo and I think our target setters were about to revolt waiting on him so they could pick up the animals and go home.... :))