Berry's Plated 30-30 Bullets

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
MOTO VITA
A Poster
A Poster

Berry's Plated 30-30 Bullets

Post by MOTO VITA »

I find mixed reviews and no specific load data on line. Anybody have any experience to share? Seems like they should work for a chicken/pig load.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Berry's Plated 30-30 Bullets

Post by frankmako »

They work very well on chickens, pigs and turkeys. A friend uses varget with them. I think around 23 grs, no kick and knocks them hard. I been playing with them in a 336 cb with 5744 and buffalo rifle powders. When I run out of the sierra 125 hp I going with them on the first two and might use them on the turkeys. I like buffalo rifle powder over 5744. It groups better, no kick (like my 357 mag rifle) and is cleaner. I got two loads with buffalo rifle powder but have only test one on real targets. I used 17.5 grs of 5744 with them and it works well. But the price of 5744 has gone to high. Keep the speed between 1,500 fps to 1,800 fps and you will be okay. Right now my best load is 18.5 grs of buffalo rifle powder running at 1,555 fps. Knocks the first three hard, but might be a little slow of turkeys if the wind is up. Your rifle will let you know.