Henry finally did it - well sort of

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Henry finally did it - well sort of

Post by snaketail2 »

Henry put side loading gates on "some" of their rifles. The news media link isn't working, but if you look at Marlin Owners you can find the announcement...or, may be it was"Fake News!"

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Henry finally did it - well sort of

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Good news if its true.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

It's true just checked the website. They are offering it in 3 different calibers with brass finish. It will be in 3030 ,35 rem and 3855. Suggest retail about 1000 dollars. If they made it in steel I would jump on it and buy one.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

Come on 24" pistol cartridge with a load gate... I'd buy one in a heart beat.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

cedestech wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:58 pm Come on 24" pistol cartridge with a load gate... I'd buy one in a heart beat.
And, with a heavy octagon barrel. Henry people said it helps to put that in their suggestion box. I suggested a 24" barrel last year for a .357Magnum/.38Special & .30-30.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Sporty wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:57 am
cedestech wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:58 pm Come on 24" pistol cartridge with a load gate... I'd buy one in a heart beat.
And, with a heavy octagon barrel. Henry people said it helps to put that in their suggestion box. I suggested a 24" barrel last year for a .357Magnum/.38Special & .30-30.
Yes please....

We bought the wife the 20" all weather 357. Fit and finish are good. Pulled it apart, top end is very 336ish looking, trigger group is an odd 3 part arrangement with a lever and trigger safety system. With some work got a very nice sub 2# trigger out of it easily with out having to reduce the hammer spring rate at all. Shoot very well. They make the 20" with octagon barrel and would sell more if they did the load gate as opposed to the tube load. If they made a 24" octagon barrel I'd buy one with or without the gate. With the gate it'd be game on. They aren't "cheap" but they are new with a warranty and a company who is serious about taking care of owners.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Ojaileveraction
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ojaileveraction »

Henry uses a straight octagon barrel there is no taper to it . Very different from a tapered octagon barrel.
As in say a Marlin 1895CB.
Last edited by Ojaileveraction on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
Guns, They're not really yours, until you void the warranty.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Ojaileveraction wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:12 am Henry uses a straight octagon barrel there is no taper to it . Very different from a tapered octagon barrel.
:-\