Paper silhouette targets

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
bitterbeer
B Poster
B Poster

Paper silhouette targets

Post by bitterbeer »

I'd like to make some metal targets; chicken, pig, turkey and ram and I'm looking for some official nra sized paper targets to use as patterns but can't find any. Anyone know where I might get some?

Thanks,
Rich
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Paper silhouette targets

Post by DonM »

Check the NRA competitions web page, they did have templates you could down load.
If you're just wanting swingers to practice on Another dang 9 that posts here makes and sells nice ones, at a fairly reasonable price.
You can also buy swingers and full sets from Quality targets.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

bitterbeer wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:54 am I'd like to make some metal targets; chicken, pig, turkey and ram and I'm looking for some official nra sized paper targets to use as patterns but can't find any. Anyone know where I might get some?

Thanks,
Rich
Start here for the files.
Then go here for instructions to print full size.

Change the printer scale proportionally for smaller scale targets.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

bitterbeer.
I'm guessing you picked up a plasma cutter for short money and want to make some targets.
The easiest and cheapest way to get templates is to bring some card board and a magic marker to your next match. Lay a target on the cardboard and trace around it.
Bingo bango bongo you now have templates! :-bd.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:02 am bitterbeer.
I'm guessing you picked up a plasma cutter for short money and want to make some targets.
The easiest and cheapest way to get templates is to bring some card board and a magic marker to your next match. Lay a target on the cardboard and trace around it.
Bingo bango bongo you now have templates! :-bd.
What is "easiest" & "cheapest" is relative. Your suggestion is consistent with having a range nearby with the targets. Otherwise for me, it was easiest and cheapest to do what I had proposed. The closest range with full size targets is a 20 hour drive there and back with an overnight stay. :ympeace:
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

You can get full sized templates here.http://www.bpcrtargets.com/index_files/Page498.htm
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

DonM wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:43 pm You can get full sized templates here.http://www.bpcrtargets.com/index_files/Page498.htm
Great product. That would be easiest for me. Thanks for the link!
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Charlie, bitterbeer didn't state what size targets he was looking to make. So I assumed he was looking for the 1/2 size targets which can be made from the prints from the NRA website. However, the full size targets are another story. Trying to find a print shop to make the full size targets is tough. I had to find an industrial blue print shop to do it. Staples may be able to do it these days but not when I tried to do it 10 years ago.
If you want send me your address and I'll mail you a set of full size paper targets that I already went through that whole mess to make.
NRA Endowment Member
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:44 pm Charlie, bitterbeer didn't state what size targets he was looking to make. So I assumed he was looking for the 1/2 size targets which can be made from the prints from the NRA website. However, the full size targets are another story. Trying to find a print shop to make the full size targets is tough. I had to find an industrial blue print shop to do it. Staples may be able to do it these days but not when I tried to do it 10 years ago.
If you want send me your address and I'll mail you a set of full size paper targets that I already went through that whole mess to make.
Thank you for your generous offer to send the full size paper targets to me. I now have my stencils that were made from SR target paper.

I taped 8/12 x 11 sheets of printer paper together by printing the files at the appropriate scale mentioned in my instructional post. I used them to make the stencils.

The stencils are spray painted over the backside of SR1 for the chicken & SR target paper for the others. After my practice I simply cover the bullet holes with target pasters.

Soon, I'll be in the market for a full size ram swinger made with AR500 steel.
Last edited by Sporty on Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Sporty »

Sporty wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 am Quoted instead of editing.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

My offer for the paper targets is extended to anyone who needs them. Just send me a pm with your address and I'll mail them out to you. **==
NRA Endowment Member