new Henry.....

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

new Henry.....

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Okay, I just ordered in a new Henry Frontiersman with a 24" Octagonal barrel..... $433 and change....

Hope I didn't get burned....

Got a new Henry, now what?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
DJA
B Poster
B Poster

Re: new Henry.....

Post by DJA »

now what? Go shoot it. Duh.
PAndy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by PAndy »

Most people like the Henry Frontier rimfires. I suggest you shoot it a lot. 👍 I have Lyman 17A 0.494" front sight on one of ours and the next size taller on the other. Williams fp tk gr rear sights on both. Other folks set them up differently.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

My wife shoots both the small bore and 22 mag version. Only caveat I can offer is pull the cover off and clean every 500 rounds or so. A lot of crud builds up and even though the lever is closed it messes with the head space and accuracy suffers.

Other than that I haven't seen one that is not a shooter. Try CCI SV and Aguilla SV first... My wifes loves both which makes it a very cheap eater.

;)
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
CamP
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CamP »

I bought a 24" Frontier for guests to use. My wife shoots it better than her 39A, so the Marlin sits in the safe now.