Lever Action Now Allowed In The World Cup of Silhouette

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Lever Action Now Allowed In The World Cup of Silhouette

Post by dustinflint »

Everyone,

In an effort to fill the brackets with interested shooters, we have new allowable courses of fire and new rifles allowed.

Targets may be steel or paper - swingers are allowed. Indoors or outdoors is allowed.

In addition to scoped smallbore and air rifles at the normal distances, shooters can now enter the tournament shooting lever action rifles (SB OR PC) at the normal 1/2 scale targets set at 40, 50, 75 & 100 meters. - OR - lever action can be shot at all the targets at 40 meters, properly scaled.

Also allowed is air rifle with ANY NONMAGNIFIED SIGHT (including red dots) shot at 1/5 scale targets set at 20, 30, 36 and 45 yards. - OR - non-magnified air rifle can be shot at all the targets at 20 yards, properly scaled.

Also allowed is scoped smallbore shot at all the targets at 40 meters, properly scaled.

Also allowed is scoped air rifle shot at all the targets at 20 yards, properly scaled.

Also allowed is scoped smallbore or air rifle shot at all the targets as close as 10 meters, properly scaled. (so 10 meter, 50-foot, etc is all legal)

Since this is a head-too head match-play type tournament, certain penalties must be added to offset advantages - here is how that will work:

Level 1: no penalty - smallbore scoped rifle, target air rifle, sporter air rifle - full distances.

Level 2: 1 shot penalty per 40 rounds against a Level 1 shooter - Open air rifle at full distances.

Level 3: 1.5 shots penalty per 40 rounds against a Level 1 shooter - lever action at full distances; non-magnified sight air rifle at full distances; indoor smallbore or air rifle; smallbore scoped rifle scaled (down to 10 meters); scoped air rifle scaled (down to 10 meters).

Level 4: 2 shot penalty per 40 rounds against a Level 1 shooter - lever action scaled to 40 meters; non-magnified sight air rifle scaled to 20 yards.

So, in a head-to head matchup shooters at the same level will incur no adjustment to their score. A Level 3 shooter head to head against a level 1 shooter will give up 3 shots over an 80-shot match. A Level 4 shooter head to head against a Level 2 shooter will give up 2 shots over an 80-shot match. etc.

There is no requirement that you shoot the same rifle at the same targets throughout the tournament. You can change it up. When you email your score to me, you'll simply tell me which rifle you shot at which targets and I will apply the proper adjustment based on your opponent's equipment.

This is a bit complex but i will take care of all adjustments when the raw scores are sent to me. Please ask any questions here.

Get entered if you haven't already so we can get this show on the road!!

See this thread over at the Club House for all the details and instructions on how to enter: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13886

Dustin