MVA sight for Winchester 94

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
bitterbeer
B Poster
B Poster

MVA sight for Winchester 94

Post by bitterbeer »

I have a Winchester 94 in 38-55 that I want to add an MVA sight to for silhouette. I’m thinking the #101 Mid Range would do the job vs the #102 Mid Range Buffalo Soule or Long range version. Any thoughts?
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: MVA sight for Winchester 94

Post by ppkny »

You see very few sights of this type being used on CLA, SB or PC type silhouette rifles. Any reason you want to go this way rather than the more conventional Williams FP.
ppkny
bitterbeer
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bitterbeer »

I like the Soule type sights looks, which is not probably the best reason. I also thought it would be fun how to learn how to use one, learning how to adjust it. It seems like it would be a pretty accurate site. Would it be too ‘slow’ to adjust in a match?
DAVIDMAGNUM
A Poster
A Poster

Post by DAVIDMAGNUM »

I have the MVA #101 Midrange on a Winchester 1894 in 38-55. I like the sight and my idea for getting it was two fold. It should be able to give finer adjustments than the Marbles Tang sights. Also I have had two Marbles Tang sights develop slop in the detent for the upright position and the stem height adjustment. The MVA #101 definitely has enough adjustment for the CLA match. I can not tell you how it works in a match going from one animal to another. The problem is the rifle and that is another story. The rifle will most likely be replaced as I can't get it to shoot very well at all.
So there is my 2 pennies.
In the days of old when men were bold, and a quarter was still worth a dime.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

I have a Montana Vintage Arms #102 Soule Mid-Range Buffalo sight, which I use on all of the following rifles:

a) CPA Setvens 44-1/2 with 45-70 barrel BPCR Silh.
b) CPA " " with .22 lr barrel .22 BPCR Silh.
c) Rossi M-92 in .45 Colt - Lever Gun Silh.
d) Winchester 1983 in .357 Mag. - Lever Gun Silh.
e) C. Sharps 1885 in .40-65 - BPCR Silh.

One sight for all rifles. Of course each rifle will require it's own mount. This is the way to go.

Just make sure your front sight is perfectly aligned with the MVA's mechanical zero setting.

Shoot straight!
Joaquin B
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

That 101 midrange should serve you well. If your rifle is one of the 94's with the tang safety, MVA does have a base for those.