2021 Western National Lever Gun Championship

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

2021 Western National Lever Gun Championship

Post by JohnHenry »

HI, everybody. We are now into June, and the match will be in just 5 weeks. If you haven't sent in your registration, NOW is the time to do it.

The T-shirt order will be placed June 10, so if your registration is received after that date, you will be just taking your chances on having a shirt.
We are ordering some extra in the large and XL sizes, but not many.

Also, we are trying to limit the matches to 4 relays each day. Right now we still have positions open for the 4-relay format. If we have to have 5 relays, we will. No one will be turned away.

If you have a registration form, disregard the mailing address. Send registrations to this address:

NRA Whittington Center
Box 700
Raton, NM 87740
Attn: Jim Luke

Approx. 115 registrations have been received to date. It's going to be a fun time! Don't miss out.

Jim
mjmowbray80
Unclassified Poster

Re: 2021 Western National Lever Gun Championship

Post by mjmowbray80 »

Thank you for running a great match. We had a great time and dinner was excellent. :D
Looking forward to next year.

mowbray
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by cedestech »

The match was excellent. He surrounded himself with excellent people and the match ran itself.

Thank you Jim Luke for a great week. Teresa and I greatly enjoyed ourselves and will be returning.

Emmett.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

That was a fantastic week. If you didn't attend, you really missed out.

I haven't seen things run that smoothly ever. Overall we were very impressed and are looking forward to a repeat.

--M
ImageImage
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Here is the sponsors list. If you are capable enough to turn a computer on, find this forum and be reading this, you are capable of searching each sponsor, finding their web sight, finding their contact info, and sending them a brief thank you. :)

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Two prize sponsors did not make it on the board we posted.

Lee Shaver Gunsmithing and Steve Wooster provided prizes for the match in addition to those listed. We regret these omissions, but they arrived late and there was a lot going on. We will do better next year.

YES, we are going to have the match next year. As soon as we can work out the details with the Whittington Center, the match dates will be posted here on Steel Chickens.

We want to give our heartfelt thanks to all the people who volunteered to help with running the match. We feel like we had the Dream Team for this event, and their generous, positive attitude was one of the big reasons this match was a success.

From the beginning, our goal was to have a match with a fun atmosphere, and we think we pulled this off in spades.

Next year we plan to make the match even better. Thanks to all the competitors that attended. Each of you helped make it a successful event.

Jim Luke
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Great job running the matches, and even shooting great as well. My opinion only, if you have a match try to do the best you can and make it fun a friendly they will come and shoot. That's work for me for a long time. Because they keep coming, and I know it costs alot to get here. Looking forward for next if my employer let's me have the time off.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

I am posting the results of the matches. Pictures will follow later in the week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Pistol Caliber Results
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Rifle caliber results
shootmore
A Poster
A Poster

Post by shootmore »

We had a great time. Thanks! Max and Bobby
20210710_170337.jpg
This year and in 2019....................
compareHeight.jpg
DesertShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DesertShooter »

What a great match. I agree that everything went very smooth, had a great time, but my shooting was horrible, still had fun. Really looking forward to next year.
TheBugFather
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by TheBugFather »

Group
0BFD074C-49A7-4BDB-8514-C6298C90B54A.jpeg
The Bug Father
...I don't like recoil, but I love to experiment.
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Dennis, thank you so much for taking all the photos at the match. This group photo is one I've dreamed of since the match's inception. It was wonderful that we were all able to be together.

Jim Luke