I want a Marlin 1894 CB Limited 24" checkerd stock / .3

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

I want a Marlin 1894 CB Limited 24" checkerd stock / .3

Post by metalhead »

I'm thinking that this would be a great rifle for Pistol Ctdg. Cowboy Rifle Silhouette. 24" barrel and all for balance and a low recoiling cartridge. Damn thing is, it's a hard one to find. I have bid on a few lately on some of the auction sites, but my lust seems to die out as the bidding war escalates above and beyond $ 650.00 plus the freight.

Any of you guys out got one of these ?...and if so, How'd you get it done ?

Thanx..Marv.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Looks like the title of this message got cut off at the end...I'm looking for a 1894 CB limited...24" barrel...Checkerd stock.....357 Mag....Thanx...Marv
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Marlin 1894C

Post by ppkny »

Metalhead: I just bought a 1894C not a CB in 357 from Shyda's Gun Shop in Lebanon, PA 717-273-6572. www.shydasgunshop.com Check them out they just might have one.
ppkny
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

I won a gunbroker auction for an 1894 in 44 mag with a 24" barrel (I thiink harder to find than the 357) and a Williams FP at 678.00 last spring. The last few I saw went around 750.00 with factory sights.

The balance is nice and I think you'll like it if you find one. Good luck

Ken
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Thanx ppkny....I'll check them out .....Ken..I to have a 1894 CB limited in .44 mag with a 24" barrel. I got if off of Gunbroker last year. Along with the 1894 CL in .32-20 I have, I'm long on pistol ctg. guns but I just cant help it, I want a .357 Cowboy Limited with a 24" barrel....

Looks like the cost of one of these just might keep me be satisfied for once in my life in what I already have....Marv
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I don't like to count the chickens before they hatch, but I sent the funds for my very own 1894CL .32-20 and I'm just about like a school-girl thinking about it...
ImageImage
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

mordecai wrote:I don't like to count the chickens before they hatch, but I sent the funds for my very own 1894CL .32-20 and I'm just about like a school-girl thinking about it...
You will be happier than that when you get it! Just got one myself about 6 weeks ago and still playing with it, getting the sights on it and so forth, just started playing around with some lead bullets. Shoots Hornady 85 grainers with some Lil Gun very well indeed, too much fun!! :D :D
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

If you already have a couple nice PC cowboy guns, just hold out for a while and a good deal will come along. I got too anxious last year and spent a lot more money than I needed to on a gun on Gunbroker after waiting about a month. Less than a week later, the exact gun I wanted went for over a hundred less than I paid for the "I gotta have a gun now" rifle. Not all of those 24" checkered 1894s in .357 are going high. Some of them go for very reasonable prices, like this one.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83422962

Ok, not many go for that cheap, but somebody got a steal on that one. I assume you probably know more about finding guns for sale than I do, but if you don't have Gunbroker emailing you every day when guns that match what you want show up then you might want to do that. I picked up a 12-gauge O/U really cheap because it got listed with a really low Buy It Now price and I got to it first thanks to the daily emails.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Jason..thank you sir...this is some good advice for a crusty old bastard like myself...M.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

That wasn't a good deal, that was @*&$#@ robbery! :shock:
ImageImage
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

That is incredible, on Gunbroker the prices are usually 50& over the value at least. Good grab for some lucky devil.
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTKF »

Although it shows a winner, It looks to me like the the gun was either pulled or there was a "buy now" on it.

It was listed on 10/21 as a 14 day listing and ended a day later on 10/22.

Most 1894 cowboys I've watched go around 600.00