Henry H001T and Marbles 009813 Tang Sight

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jsimmons
A Poster
A Poster

Henry H001T and Marbles 009813 Tang Sight

Post by jsimmons »

Has anyone heard anything bad about a place called Hoguns (in San Antonio) regarding their gunsmithing talent?

I'm going to take my new Henry H001T over there and have them drill/tap for a tang sight.

Also, when mounting a Marbles tang sight on a Henry H001T, does the sight need two holes drilled/tapped, or does the sight use the existing screw on at the rear of the tang and therefore only need one hole drilled/tapped?
Aim small - miss small...
-----
Got a Henry lever gun? Check out the Henry lever Gun Internet Competition
jsimmons
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jsimmons »

Nevermind, I sent an email to Henry and they gave me the straight poop on that.

I also picked up my henry today from the FFL dealer. It's heavier than I thought it would be, but the action is smooooooooooth.

I've now entered that quasi-purgatory state where the gun is in the house, but the wife wants to wrap the box (with the gun in it - grrr). This means I won't be able to actually shoot it until the weekend after Christmas.
-----
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

jsimmons wrote: .

I've now entered that quasi-purgatory state where the gun is in the house, but the wife wants to wrap the box (with the gun in it - grrr). This means I won't be able to actually shoot it until the weekend after Christmas.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

jsimmons, swap out the gun with a piece of heavy pipe. Go play with the rifle a little then sneak it back under the tree later. She will never know................ :twisted:
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Actually you do need to shoot the gun now. Most gun shops have a very limited time in which you can return the gun if it doesn't work right. She has every right to make you stash it in the box until Christmas, but all holiday traditions aside you need to make sure it works right before it gets wrapped. Even if you do have problem later, Henry is very good about making wrong things right, though. :)
jsimmons
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jsimmons »

Jason wrote:Actually you do need to shoot the gun now. Most gun shops have a very limited time in which you can return the gun if it doesn't work right. She has every right to make you stash it in the box until Christmas, but all holiday traditions aside you need to make sure it works right before it gets wrapped. Even if you do have problem later, Henry is very good about making wrong things right, though. :)
Like you said, Henry is real good about fixing stuff. Besides, the dealer I got it from is in Ohio, and I'm in Texas. I'd be going to Henry if anything went sideways on it.

Last night, I pestered my wife into letting me have the gun early. :)
-----