Great day at the range today

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Great day at the range today

Post by jnyork »

Took the new-to-me Marlin 1894cl 32-20 to the local monthly NRA-approved Lever Action Silhouette match today, first time out with this rifle. Load was 8.5 Grains Lil Gun and Hornady 85 grain hollowpoints. About a 10-12 knot headwind and 45 degrees. Shot a 34 x 40 with 10 rams so I am a happy camper, just have to bear down a little more on the #$*&% turkeys!! :wink:

Post by NewAZShooter »

Wow, that is some excellent shooting and incredible for a first time out with a new rifle! Very nice work.

I am developing a theory about the turkeys. I think they're actually aliens practicing mind contol techniques on us poor unsuspecting silhouette shooters. The animals are not really that much smaller than all the others in terms of MOA at the target. Not enough for it to make sense to me why they seem so universally difficult.

Don't fret the turkeys, they beat us through intimidation and fear-mongering. Confidence and dedication to knocking those #$*&% little fowl on their butts is the only way to overcome. Sure, the circle that can be contained inside the main body portion is small, but you've still got those long necks and heads, tail tips and legs to catch your fliers.

But seriously, Great shooting!
~JW

Love it when those chickens fly!

CZ 452 Silhouette
Ruger 10/22 W/ Clark Custom Barrel, B&C Anschutz Style Stock
Interarms Mark X 30.06
Browning BuckMark .22LR
T/C .22 LR, .22 Hornet
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

deleted
Last edited by jnyork on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Yeah, like all shooting it is all between your ears. :lol: If I set 10 footballs out there at 77 meters, most of us would hit most of them most of the time. BUT, put a turkey out there with a body that is almost exactly the same size as a football and we get all wobbly!! Funny how the brain works. (or sometimes does NOT work, as the case may be) :?