Wolff spring

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
timfinle
A Poster
A Poster

Wolff spring

Post by timfinle »

I had such high hopes for getting a nice trigger pull with the wolff spring kit. The wolff hammer spring will not move the hammer with enough force to detonate the primers. After cocking with the lever, pulling the trigger an getting nothing, if I manually cock the rifle then it will fire. Of course, this is the second strike on the primer so..... I am going to put the original spring back in the rifle.

By the way, I tried different rounds with different primers to eliminate that as a possiblity.
tim
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Had that same problem with a couple of my Marlins and had to put the factory springs back in, too. If you have a gunsmith that you trust, have him do a good trigger job on the Marlin with the original spring in it. The Marlin triggers are dead simple and fairly easy to do your own trigger job on if you have some time and the right stones, too.
Steve Tapp
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Steve Tapp »

You don't even need costly stone to do trigger work. I'm having great success with 1500 grit wet-o-dry paper. 1lb. 10 ozs. on all my lever-action Marlins 1897 CB, 1894 CB 32 H&R MAG, 336A in 30-30.