Target size

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Target size

Post by ppkny »

Does anyone have a relative size chart showing the differences between the regular NRA HP & SB targets and the Hunter Pistol size targets used in the Cowboy game.
I'm pretty sure that a full size Ram target for HP is not the same as a full size Ram for CLA nor is it in any relationship between the two.
I'm I thniking right here or not. Anyone please have a explanation.
PPKNY
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Target size

Post by Bob259 »

ppkny wrote:Does anyone have a relative size chart showing the differences between the regular NRA HP & SB targets and the Hunter Pistol size targets used in the Cowboy game.
I'm pretty sure that a full size Ram target for HP is not the same as a full size Ram for CLA nor is it in any relationship between the two.
I'm I thniking right here or not. Anyone please have a explanation.
PPKNY
See http://www.nrahq.org/compete/dept-silh.asp
All are in PDF format with the scale
richard
A Poster
A Poster

Post by richard »

The target size relationships are easy and in the rule book and on the NRA webpage. Basically HP and centerfire lever action and black powder cartridge targets are all full size. The pistol cartridge lever action and smallbore lever action targets are one half full size but the smallbore targets are not as thick. The regular smallbore targets are one fifth full size and the air rifle targets are one tenth full size.
That's it in a nutshell.
Richard