Question about Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette... Off Topic?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
bigdaddy
B Poster
B Poster

Question about Smallbore Cowboy Silhouette... Off Topic?

Post by bigdaddy »

Group,

First of all, thanks to all that have replied and tried to help this rookie!

Do people shoot smallbore Cowboy Silhouette on this forum?

If this is the wrong forum, I do apologize.

Seems like a fun variation on the sport also...

John :wink:
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
As this thread is going, I have been tasked by the Australian National body to get a National championship going for "Cowboy" Silhouette. Fortunately there are a lot of good people willing to help so it will be a success. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
Juddy
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

We talk about smallbore cowboy silhouette on here fairly often, bigdaddy. There are a lot of us that post most of the time about smallbore hunter and standard class silhouette that also shoot the various cowboy matches. I'm currently using a Marlin 57 for smallbore cowboy, a Marlin 57M (22mag that I reload my own ram loads for) for pistol cartridge cowboy, and a Marlin 336 carbine in 30-30 for centerfire cowboy matches. I'm hoping to pick up something longer and steadier for the centerfire cowboy matches when funds allow.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

This forum is entirely appropriate for Cowboy, or Pistol or any such related smallbore/non-highpower Silhouette shooting until the day we feel like we need to add additional forums. Until then, we pay homage at the alter of KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid) and like to keep our "footprint" small as too many forums creates unnecessary confusion...

That said, I LOVE Cowboy (and Pistol) Smallbore! I recently passed up a great deal on a Marlin 1897 with tang sights only because I couldn't justify another Marlin lever quite yet. :wink:
ImageImage
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yeah.. you shouldn't buy so many of those Marlin lever action rifles... Oh wait.. you bought one of them from me... :)