lever action sights???

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

lever action sights???

Post by xpilot »

Have a 9422 with grooved receiver. What is the best silhouette peep sight setup? Also what front sight works best , bead or post? Thanks, Jim :?:
jnyork
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jnyork »

Marbles tang sight and Lyman 17a front with post insert for 6 0'clock hold.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

sights

Post by Jerry G »

I didn't know thoes cowboy shooters even used sights. I'm learning something new every day.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

For a 9422 that is not drilled and tapped for receiver of tang sights Williams makes one that fits on the grooved receiver and if you want to change the front sight you can get a Lyman 17a with very thin bead inserts sold by Brownells to aim dead on or like jnyork suggested use a post for 6 O'clock hold.

In my over six years of shooting Cowboy Lever Action Silhouette matches I found out that if the target set ups have very good contrast lets say white targets and dark backgrounds, I do very well with very thin posts and I can aim dead on, like if I had a dot on a scoped rifle but when they have black targets with dark background then I use a wide post and use 6 O'clock hold.
Last edited by lone ringer on Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Lyman 17a

Post by xpilot »

Does Lyman make an aperature sight that installs on the front ramp of the 9422? I can only find barrel mount sights (3/8" dovetails). I like the NECG peep sight but I'm not coming up with a front sight option. The tang sight requires drilling/tapping the tang and I don't want to do that if possible. Thanks, Jim