Indoor Targets

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Indoor Targets

Post by cslcAl »

Has anyone thought to scale the SB or PC targets to shoot indoors on paper at 50 ft? Al Foust
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I have some paper targets that I got from Dave Imas that are scaled for smallbore (1/5 scale) at 50yds. When I practice cowboy, which isn't all that often, I just shoot those closer. I think I normally shoot them at 25yds or so. You could take any old targets in PDF form and print them to whatever scale would give you accurate size for 50ft cowboy targets with Acrobat Reader, couldn't you?
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

I have the 50' ft. scaled SB rifle paper targets. We have been shooting indoors at our club for many years. The scale for the cowboy targets would be different. I am sure I could figure this out, but I was fishing to see if anyone had already done this and would like to pass the targets on.
Al
mav
B Poster
B Poster

Post by mav »

This may not be what you had in mind. http://www.pistoleer.com/targets/handgun/
I'm guessing the TQ-12 and the TQ-13 targets should be the same scale as CLA. The chicken seems too large for PC or SB.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Mav, Thanks for the link. I sent them an e-mail to see if they are scaled from full or 1/2 size targets. AL Foust
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

I bought some of their targets. The chickens are too big. I think they are scaled from shooting them at 25 meters. I traced a 1/5th chicken and used that at 50' and it seems about the right size. I think the P T & R are about the right scale. It will be really nice to practice this winter with the cowboy SB gun. Al Foust