Pa State Championship Results

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Pa State Championship Results

Post by 44 mag »

3 Gun Agg
Jim Luke 164
Brian Wakefield 157 State Champion
Tim Trunick 152
Mike Haynes 150
Randy Ent 149

Smallbore
Open
Jim Luke 54
Wally Howard 53 State Champion
Paul Viola 52

Master
Brock Douglas 52
Randy Ent 51
Tim Trunick 51
AAA
Rick Garman 52
Owen Peters 51
Robert Eberley 50
AA
Bob Lemke 50
Robert Rupert 45
Dan Rupert 44
A
George Lemke 34
Rich Gans 30
Ben Garman 18

Pistol Cartridge
Open
Brian Wakefield 56 State Champion
Mark Holsopple 53
Jim Luke 53
Master
Owen Peters 53
Tim Trunick 51
Al Foust 51
AAA
Don Steele 50
Mark Breon 48
Jeff Fetsco 48
AA
Paul Dephillip 44
Dan Rupert 44
Bruce Lumsden 40
A
John Benedek 37
George Lemke 32
Pete Kofira 31
B
Rich Gans 27

CLA
Open
Jim Luke 57
Al Foust 53 State Champion
Brian Wakefield 53
Master
Tim Trunick 50
Brock Douglas 50
Mike Haynes 50
AAA
Don Steele 51
John Choban 50
Chuck Blender 50
AA
Paul Dephillip 49
Bill Rushton 43
Ray Baker 42
A
Ben Garman 28
George Lemke 27
B
Rich Gans 22
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Pa State Championship Results

Post by hermit5 »

On behalf of all those listed.Great Job Tammy,ahh and Mike.
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

I'm kinda new, but it seems messed up. How are the guys with LOWER scores State Champions?

hugh
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

hugh wrote:I'm kinda new, but it seems messed up. How are the guys with LOWER scores State Champions?

hugh
Because some states require you to be a resident to be the state champion. I dont like it, and that's not how we do it in Louisiana, but that's how it is some places.

Dustin
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

Ok, maybe I'm dense, but you can't be the State Champion if you don't win, only resident champion. And if this is the norm, how do Mexicans come up here and win our National championships? Isn't that the way it works? Also, if you go to a match like this, do you pay lower entry fees since you are not allowed to win? I guess places like in the north east where the shooters aren't as good as out west, you have to protect the locals. Though the scores looked pretty darn good to me. Is PennsilVAINia the only state that does this? What others do this? What is the consensus of the shooters? Do they agree on this or is it a select few?
Seems discriminatory to me, but like I said, I'm new, so forgive my confusion.

hugh
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Some state associations require that a resident win the state championship. It is not a big deal and certainly not something to get all upset about.

However,breaking Rule #1 is something to get all upset about. Rule #1 states that you can NEVER complain about any match until you have been a match director of a big match yourself. Rule #2 is be very careful about putting down shooters from other regions or states unless you are a extreme badass yourself. You'll have to back up those statements one day. Also, if you're going to pick on shooters from a particular state, Pennsylvania probably is not the one to choose. There are some great shooters from Pennsylvania!

Dustin
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Thanks Dustin.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

Ah the State does that. I understand. I think. Thanks for your patience and understanding. I wouldn't have stood a chance there, so I thought it was absurd that the State needed to protect the shooters. I wasn't meaning to upset anybody, and as a competitor I try to measure myself against the best regardless of state, nationality, race sex or age. I've never run a match, does a PCA road race count? I wish I'd started this as a young man, as I suspect I'm a touch past my prime.....but showing up is half the battle. Plus this is way harder than it looks.

hugh
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Hugh,

No big deal. I, like you perhaps, sometimes come off a little more abrasive when I write something than it sounds in my mind when I'm thinking it!

Dustin
hugh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hugh »

Thanks, yes, my thoughts don't seem to translate well with the keyboard all the time so it doesn't always come out as it should. I was very curious about the apparent double standard or lack of standardization. I incorrectly assumed it was all laid out as to how the match should be run, but after reading the rules again they go into great detail in some things and gloss over other things. I would have a stroke if I ever shot a 57/60 and I thought it was a mistake, then very unfair that Mr Luke is bypassed as the apparent champion. As demands on my time ease, I look forward to enjoying one of your matches. Perhaps I will post a double digit number for a change :wink:

hugh
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Hugh, this is the fourth year I've shot in the PA State Championship. It has never bothered me that I cannot be the "State Champion" ( I,m from Kansas). My satisfaction & reward is in shooting the score.

Incidentally, I travel back to the PA match for two reasons. One, they are a bunch of good shooters, so the competiton is fierce. Two, you will meet some of the nicest people at their matches. I always have a good time, win or lose.

You should come and shoot in PA sometime. Don't worry about your age. I certainly don't.

Jim Luke
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Dustin thanks for clearing this issue up with Hugh. We here in Pa do not have to protect our shooters as most of us can compete any where we go. The state is the one who comes up with these rules. As Dustin said the match director has no say in it. I dont think it bothers the shooters because we always have a good number of shooters from out of state. I want to thank my wife Tammy Haynes on setting up and running a great match. She was able to get nice awards,a nice meal and a very good turn out from several different states. One last thing Hugh you should come to Pa for a states it would be a good time for you and you are always welcome. Thanks to all the shooters who participated this year!! Mike Haynes
AMB
A Poster
A Poster

Post by AMB »

No activity on here for a week, so Hugh doing a little trolling ;) . State Champ or High Resident matter of semantics. Everyone knows who the top shooter was, wtg Jim Luke. Yea, your right Hugh we're not as good as the shooters out west. I'm hoping MCRC can get Nationals in the near future, maybe some of the western shooters can give us some lessons here in Bradford on how to shoot CLA :D Al Bean
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

My wife Tammy Haynes has already sent a letter to the Silhouette Committee requesting to hold the 2015 CLA Nationals in Pa. It is time for a change and we want to host this event. We are asking that other shooters send a e-mail to the Silhouette Committee on our behalf. The e-mail adress is silhhouette @nrahq.org. We have a very nice range and have hosted many Hunters Pistol Nationals. All other diciplines of silhouette rotate between different clubs there is no reason CLA cant do the same. PLEASE support us in the venture. Thanks Mike&Tammy Haynes
PhxShooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by PhxShooter »

Mike,

Not being familiar with the clubs in PA, which is your club?
Mei Ab frigus mortuus digitis