Do they shoot Cowboy Silhouette in St. Louis?

Centerfires, rimfires, pistol cartridges and everything in between.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Do they shoot Cowboy Silhouette in St. Louis?

Post by snaketail2 »

We're moving to St. Louis and I can't find anything about Cowboy Silhouette there. One club said they one match a year- just before they shut down for the winter (In Az we shoot year-round). So I'm wondering how far I'm going to have to drive to shoot lever action.

Anyone shooting Lever Action Silhouette in St. Louis?

M
Last edited by snaketail2 on Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Do they shoot Cowboy Silhouette in St. Louis?

Post by boats »

You should be able to find matches in Shooting Sports USA. I can never log in though. Used to be a good reference, no more.

Boats
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

No luck with Shooting Sports. Looks like Cowboy Lever Action doesn't happen in St. Louis.
I suppose they still fish there.
M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
JohnHenry
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by JohnHenry »

Snaketail2, have you checked the St. Louis Benchrest Club near Wentzville? I think they shoot modern silhouette there.
If you want to look at the other end of the state and then some, there are monthly matches at Topeka, KS from March thru October. We shoot all three rifles--three 40 shot matches in one day. There are usually 20 to 30 shooters. The matches are normally on the 2nd Saturday of the month. We have a couple of shooters who travel from the Ozarks to shoot with us. Next Spring I can get the schedule for you. You'd be welcome to join us. :wink:

Jim Luke
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Why dont you just join a club and start a match if you want one close to you? The Benchrest Rifle Club of St. Louis in Wright City, MO is one of the finest facilities I've ever been to. If I lived in St. Louis, I'd join that club in a heartbeat!

Dustin
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Good idea, Dustin. According to SSUSA our very own Snake ran a CLA match at that club recently. Maybe the Snake and Snaketail2 could combine forces and start up lever gun silhouette in that area. 8) I can picture the Snake in ass less leather chaps wearing silver spurs. :shock: :lol:
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:I can picture the Snake in ass less leather chaps wearing silver spurs. :shock: :lol:

Now you sound like one of those people that think CLA is SASS. I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a guy that called me wanting to shoot our "cowboy action" state championship in December. My first hint that he didnt know what was going on is when he asked me "dont y'all ride horses when y'all shoot?" I dont think he ever really understood what was up. I told him to go look up metallic silhouette on youtube and watch some videos.

I despise the word "cowboy" in this game :ymcowboy:

Dustin
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

:-t I know. I know. Just taking the opportunity to bust some balls and pull the Snake into this topic. :wink:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Just taking the opportunity to bust some balls and pull the Snake into this topic
You mean Snake has some balls to bust????

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

FYI...we shoot two matches a year because the attendance is/was puny. If it increases so will the number of matches.
SPECIAL NOTE TO INNOCENT: I don't know you and certainly you don't know me well enough to make such crass remarks. I could respond by some equally crass remark ....but I won't :D Obviously the handle 'innocent' is a misnomer as it should be prefaced with "NOT SO".
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Snake:
Looks like I'll be moving to St. louis in early December. I'll PM you when we get settled. Maybe we can pump some life back into lever action shooting there.
Otherwise I'll go back to Trap shooting...I'm pretty sure they still shoot Trap in St. Louis.
Thanks,
Michael
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Fabulous skeet and trap club in St Louis county (called Gateway) and the venue for the Grand is in Sparta Illinois about 40 minutes from downtown. My club is the Bench Rest rifle Club and you can get an idea from the net at http://www.shootingstl.com :)
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks - I'm know of both clubs. I messaged the Bench Rest Club silhouette director and plan to visit when I get there.

Michael
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

I'm the high power and cowboy lever director! O'Malley runs BPCR silhouette...and both of us are on the board of directors. Who'd you message?
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I got a reply from O'Malley, and I suppose you - 2nd message was not signed - wish I'd saved them,
Michael Blackwell
Tucson, Az