NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DavidABQ » Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 am

I have been reading articles concerning the money woes that the NRA is having and I wonder if there will be an NRA next summer that is in a position to have silhouette national championships.

I have noticed the tone of the letters from the NRA requesting more money have changed. They seem more desperate now.

What say the inhabitants of Steel Chickens?

ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:39 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by ter » Wed May 15, 2019 11:52 am

Why is the NRA needed?

IHMSA53393
B Poster
B Poster
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by IHMSA53393 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 pm

DavidABQ wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 am
I have been reading articles concerning the money woes that the NRA is having and I wonder if there will be an NRA next summer that is in a position to have silhouette national championships.

I have noticed the tone of the letters from the NRA requesting more money have changed. They seem more desperate now.

What say the inhabitants of Steel Chickens?
Someone has to.much time on their hands that enable them to start unsubstantiated rumors.

User avatar
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by Another Dang 9 » Wed May 15, 2019 1:41 pm

Turn off your TV.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DavidABQ » Wed May 15, 2019 2:54 pm

IHMSA53393 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 pm
DavidABQ wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 am
I have been reading articles concerning the money woes that the NRA is having and I wonder if there will be an NRA next summer that is in a position to have silhouette national championships.

I have noticed the tone of the letters from the NRA requesting more money have changed. They seem more desperate now.

What say the inhabitants of Steel Chickens?
Someone has to.much time on their hands that enable them to start unsubstantiated rumors.
I suppose the fact that the NRA's financials as a non-profit is being investigated would not be considered a rumor.
If the NRA loses the ability to provide insurance for many shooting ranges that may eliminate its ability to put on the various national championships

User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DavidABQ » Wed May 15, 2019 2:55 pm

Another Dang 9 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:41 pm
Turn off your TV.
#-o

IHMSA53393
B Poster
B Poster
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by IHMSA53393 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:23 pm

DavidABQ wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:54 pm
IHMSA53393 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:11 pm
DavidABQ wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:36 am
I have been reading articles concerning the money woes that the NRA is having and I wonder if there will be an NRA next summer that is in a position to have silhouette national championships.

I have noticed the tone of the letters from the NRA requesting more money have changed. They seem more desperate now.

What say the inhabitants of Steel Chickens?
Someone has to.much time on their hands that enable them to start unsubstantiated rumors.
I suppose the fact that the NRA's financials as a non-profit is being investigated would not be considered a rumor.
If the NRA loses the ability to provide insurance for many shooting ranges that may eliminate its ability to put on the various national championships
The NRA's financials as a non-profit are investigated on a yearly basis. This is nothing new. Your post is an unsubtantiated fear mongering rumor.

User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DavidABQ » Wed May 15, 2019 5:53 pm

So you are telling me that the NY State attorney general investigates the NRA’s finances every year?
Wow, I learned something new. Of course that annual investigation makes headlines every year on national news.

How foolish of me.

Moderators, please delete this thread.

DonM
A Poster
A Poster
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Ft. Laramie

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DonM » Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 pm

If they loose the fight with New York, and a better chance they loose the 501c3 status from the IRS with the shananigans that have been going on with the finances,, it will definetely change things.

User avatar
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm
Location: Rio Rancho, NM

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DavidABQ » Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 pm

DonM wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 pm
If they loose the fight with New York, and a better chance they loose the 501c3 status from the IRS with the shananigans that have been going on with the finances,, it will definetely change things.
One of my concerns is their ability to provide insurance to gun clubs like the one I belong to. If they loose that ability many clubs will close. I imagine it would affect the NRA'S ability to hold National Championships.

User avatar
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm
Location: The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by Another Dang 9 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Dave first off. Its being pushed by NY. Do you believe anything out of NY? Second do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Just ignore the doom and gloom of leftism its designed to make logical people crazy.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member

cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by cedestech » Thu May 16, 2019 4:03 pm

Another Dang 9 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm
Dave first off. Its being pushed by NY. Do you believe anything out of NY? Second do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Just ignore the doom and gloom of leftism its designed to make logical people crazy.
That is the truth.
Emmett Dibble, Rosenberg Texas. All hail Jason, writer of novellas and destroyer of small pieces of paper!!!

DonM
A Poster
A Poster
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Ft. Laramie

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DonM » Fri May 17, 2019 5:37 am

DavidABQ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:58 pm
DonM wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:08 pm
If they loose the fight with New York, and a better chance they loose the 501c3 status from the IRS with the shananigans that have been going on with the finances,, it will definetely change things.
One of my concerns is their ability to provide insurance to gun clubs like the one I belong to. If they loose that ability many clubs will close. I imagine it would affect the NRA'S ability to hold National Championships.
Yes that is a big concern
Sad what 39000$ suits can do to bring down an outfit

DonM
A Poster
A Poster
Posts: 176
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:40 pm
Location: Ft. Laramie

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by DonM » Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 am

Another Dang 9 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm
Dave first off. Its being pushed by NY. Do you believe anything out of NY? Second do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Just ignore the doom and gloom of leftism its designed to make logical people crazy.
I guess I don’t follow your line here.
Are you trying to tell us that Ollie North and some of the other board people that want LaPierre removed because of the almost pure corruption that the audits have turned up are because NY is pushing them to do it.

cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster
Posts: 1510
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 3:06 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: NRA Financial Problems, last ever Silhouette Nationals?

Post by cedestech » Fri May 17, 2019 5:46 am

DonM wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:41 am
Another Dang 9 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:13 pm
Dave first off. Its being pushed by NY. Do you believe anything out of NY? Second do you know what a self fulfilling prophecy is? Just ignore the doom and gloom of leftism its designed to make logical people crazy.
I guess I don’t follow your line here.
Are you trying to tell us that Ollie North and some of the other board people that want LaPierre removed because of the almost pure corruption that the audits have turned up are because NY is pushing them to do it.
Read Col. West's editorial about the situation... if there is any honor the people in question will reimburse the moneys in question and fade away... I am betting it won't happen though and it's going to be ugly.
Emmett Dibble, Rosenberg Texas. All hail Jason, writer of novellas and destroyer of small pieces of paper!!!

Post Reply