Shooting In México, possible? YES ¡¡¡

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
SilueteroMX
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Shooting In México, possible? YES ¡¡¡

Post by SilueteroMX »

dhatch wrote:So. Who here in America knows you personally so that we can have complete trust and confidence in you?
Tony Tello, Agustin Sanchez

my name is Ricardo Arellano. talk to them
SilueteroMX
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SilueteroMX »

Jim Beckley wrote:The best explanation that I have received about Mexico is if you land in jail down there, the key to the cell is tied to a jackrabbit, if he comes back you get out, if not you stay.
:)) :)) :)) :)) i preffer not to answer that
SilueteroMX
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SilueteroMX »

Bigfoot wrote:You know the border crossing was the one thing that was without a hitch. But yeah. Then there was everything else.
a lot of northamerican deer hunters came every year, not only to Sonora, but to Coahuila. Nuevo Leon, even Tamailipas.
CWS
A Poster
A Poster

Post by CWS »

When you use U.S. cities like Chicago, L.A., New York, etc as parallels to the dangers of Mexico, you are doing yourself a disservice. You need to work on your sales pitch. Generally speaking, if you get shot in Mexico they MEANT to shoot you where over here you are merely collateral damage due to poor marksmanship. There... isn't that better?
SilueteroMX
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SilueteroMX »

CWS wrote:When you use U.S. cities like Chicago, L.A., New York, etc as parallels to the dangers of Mexico, you are doing yourself a disservice. You need to work on your sales pitch. Generally speaking, if you get shot in Mexico they MEANT to shoot you where over here you are merely collateral damage due to poor marksmanship. There... isn't that better?
its true,
the main idea is (how can I say this) this is not a war zone.

I´m "selling" this just for one reason, i love the sport, all my life I have been involved in. and my part on this is promotion without earning a single peso or dolar. all the support to the foreing shootters gonna be offered by the HERMOSILLENSE shooting range and the crew.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Ricardo Arellano is a good friend of Agustin Sanchez and I. Most everybody in Mexico that shoots silhouettes knows him. He is a great promoter of our sport in Mexico and does it purely for the love of the sport. They recently had their Hunters Pistol championship and do to his promotion of the event the attendance improved from 56 to well over 80 shooters. So if he tells you that it is possible to travel with your own rifles to the event in Hermosillo is because the club is going to make sure that there are no problems for anybody.
This is going to be the third year they are having that event and in the last two years one shooter from Tucson went to Guadalajara and as far as I know he used his own rifles and did not have any problems. If Agustin Sanchez gets time off from work he and I will more than likely be there. I know the match is going to be big and the prices are going to be nice. I will post more about the match as the information becomes available.
Tony Tello
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

My Name Is Hector and I'am from Tucson AZ i shoot here in AZ and Mexico but i would love to shoot my own riffle in Mexico instead of borrowing a riffle. Another topic i just shot in Hermosillo April,24,2016 it was a messed this camp its not equipped to handle a championship of this nature. there scoring was a messed not organized their cowboy silhouettes small bore did not fall when you shot them especially the Red color, And purple. if your gonna have a championship there please inspect the camp. Also which rules are you gonna follow Femeti or NRA because the silhouettes are facing the wrong way. A Lot of shooters had complaints. Please follow up on this issue.
Hector
520-270-9932
Tucson AZ
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

CWS wrote:When you use U.S. cities like Chicago, L.A., New York, etc as parallels to the dangers of Mexico, you are doing yourself a disservice. You need to work on your sales pitch. Generally speaking, if you get shot in Mexico they MEANT to shoot you where over here you are merely collateral damage due to poor marksmanship. There... isn't that better?
Your post is a political issue where here for the love of the sport. shooting in Mexico is fun and the people are great. where else do you see a weekend match with 80+ shooters. Violence is everywhere.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

delgadoh wrote:... Also which rules are you gonna follow Femeti or NRA because the silhouettes are facing the wrong way.
I don't know about Femeti rules but NRA allows animals to face either way as long as all the animals in a bank are facing the same direction (section 4.1 of the NRA rule book).
Allen Corneau
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

acorneau wrote:
delgadoh wrote:... Also which rules are you gonna follow Femeti or NRA because the silhouettes are facing the wrong way.
I don't know about Femeti rules but NRA allows animals to face either way as long as all the animals in a bank are facing the same direction (section 4.1 of the NRA rule book).

Thanks for the reply how interesting all the camps i've shot the animal faces left. Nice to Know
SilueteroMX
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SilueteroMX »

delgadoh wrote:My Name Is Hector and I'am from Tucson AZ i shoot here in AZ and Mexico but i would love to shoot my own riffle in Mexico instead of borrowing a riffle. Another topic i just shot in Hermosillo April,24,2016 it was a messed this camp its not equipped to handle a championship of this nature. there scoring was a messed not organized their cowboy silhouettes small bore did not fall when you shot them especially the Red color, And purple. if your gonna have a championship there please inspect the camp. Also which rules are you gonna follow Femeti or NRA because the silhouettes are facing the wrong way. A Lot of shooters had complaints. Please follow up on this issue.
Hector
520-270-9932
Tucson AZ
the Hermosillense has a new facilities, so dont worry about it.
we are gonna shoot in Mexico, so we are gonna use the mexican rules, like when our mexican buddies going to USA they adapt to the NRA rules and ther do very well. don´t they?
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

SilueteroMX wrote:
delgadoh wrote:My Name Is Hector and I'am from Tucson AZ i shoot here in AZ and Mexico but i would love to shoot my own riffle in Mexico instead of borrowing a riffle. Another topic i just shot in Hermosillo April,24,2016 it was a messed this camp its not equipped to handle a championship of this nature. there scoring was a messed not organized their cowboy silhouettes small bore did not fall when you shot them especially the Red color, And purple. if your gonna have a championship there please inspect the camp. Also which rules are you gonna follow Femeti or NRA because the silhouettes are facing the wrong way. A Lot of shooters had complaints. Please follow up on this issue.
Hector
520-270-9932
Tucson AZ
we are gonna shoot in Mexico, so we are gonna use the mexican rules, like when our mexican buddies going to USA they adapt to the NRA rules and ther do very well. don´t they?
I do worry about it because i make the sacrifice to drive up there and spend the night. Yes its is new facilities but not the silhouettes mechanism. We prove to Julio that his mechanism did not work. Hopefully is all fixed. So how are you gonna help us cross our riffles over there?
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

There have been problems posted here about crossing the border either way: north and south. The great thing is this discussion about the possibilities of shooting in each other's countries.
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

atomicbrh wrote:There have been problems posted here about crossing the border either way: north and south. The great thing is this discussion about the possibilities of shooting in each other's countries.
Crossing your riffles in to the U.S is not a problem. The problem lies crossing into Mexico i know you have to notify U.S Customs the problem is with the Aduanales (Customs) in Mexico. if somehow someone in siloueteros can step up and find out and help filling proper paper work and so on and make it a lot easier for us shooter in the U.S. we would be happy to compete more often down there.
SilueteroMX
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SilueteroMX »

delgadoh wrote:
SilueteroMX wrote:
Hector
520-270-9932
Tucson AZ
I do worry about it because i make the sacrifice to drive up there and spend the night. Yes its is new facilities but not the silhouettes mechanism. We prove to Julio that his mechanism did not work. Hopefully is all fixed. So how are you gonna help us cross our riffles over there?
not me precisely, one person on the shotting range board gonna be the person who going to help all of you. in a few days i gonna give the forms and all the info about it