CSLC HP is on!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
21step
B Poster
B Poster

CSLC HP is on!

Post by 21step »

It looks like we'll be good to go for Saturdays High Power match at Consolidated Sportsmen of Lycoming County. Forecast now is low of 38 and high of 50. Seems like a heat wave compared to a couple weeks ago! We should be able to get up the mountain to the Rams as it's melting off more and more everyday.

2018 books are in and will be available. Hope to see some familiar faces and perhaps some new ones too.

Remember to access the range the gate is about a small bore turkey (75m or so..) North of the barn entrance

Adam
Call if need to.
(570)692-0996

Breaking our my new "budget" HP package. TC Venture 30-06 ($250), Cast & Powder Coated 160gr LEE RN going 2110 FPS. Should be interesting....
21step
B Poster
B Poster

Re: CSLC HP is on!

Post by 21step »

Well that was the best January match I've seen yet. The morning started out at 28 degrees or so and it had been since September that I laid eyes on the range. There was barely enough snow on the banks to make a good black target on white background so visibility was an issue even before the low winter sun decided to bless us with its raging glare.
Setting up the Turkeys my old friend Gruffy the Grouse was in his usual fightin mood. He stalked me back and forth with every armfull of animals. Thanks a lot to ole Jimmy, Crazy Jim and Jud for the help setting up the range.

We had 15 guns register with I think 3 new to high power shooters.
Standard Match Winner was our own Judy Fisher shooting a 22/40
Hunter Match Winner was Frank Michell shooting and 18/40

We had no setters as I thought we would have less than 10 shooters but it didn't go too bad without them. We were done shooting before noon so it was pretty efficient anyhow. Next month we might have at least two setters to do Turkeys and Rams to keep us moving a little better, that is if we are not butt deep in snow and ice.

Will post as we get closer.

Thanks to all who came to shoot!!!
Adam
21step
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 21step »

Looks good for the 2/24 HP match at CSLC.

Come on out and get some of those winter blues blasted away!

Practice begins at 8am and match begins at 9:15.

Hope to see you there!!
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Adam,
Any chance of getting the 2018 schedules for CSLC: SB-HP_Lever Action. I did send you couple of emails, maybe they went to spam. There's no place to look on line for anything about CSLC. The web site has never had anything but trap info.
Thanks, Pete
21step
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 21step »

Looks like the weather for tomorrow at CSLC in Montoursville PA is going to be nice, nice, nice!

A low of 25° and high of 42° will make for a nice day to shoot HP.

We have 4 setters lined up to help reset the range so bring a friend and an extra gun!
See y'all there!

Adam
21step
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 21step »

It was a nice day for a High Power shoot.

Again we had a better than average turnout of 23 guns. Most of the first couple matches of previous years we hardly broke 15.

Sunny skies and some wind made visibility and steadiness a bit challenging but fun was had by all.

Match winners were
Standard: Steve Bonson 22/40
Hunter: Dave Wortman 14/40
Military: Myself 17/40

Thanks to all that came out!

Next month we shoot on the 21st, not the 28th due to the Spring Roundup lever gun weekend.