Gettin time

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Gettin time

Post by Koldkut »

Ya know, I keep trying to wrap my head around getting out to shoot and for some reason, I can't find the time to make the comps. Anyone else here have a hard time with this? Working wife and an infant just make it esspecially hard. The more I think about it, the more I'd like to have an afternoon or evening event. Looks like I may not even make acomp this season...damn, just needed to vent.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Dude, Ben Lomond Saturday. Bring wife and kid.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Koldkut,
Those that have known me remember stepping over the car seat with child in asleep in it on the line. They adapt well to any situation you put them in, bring him along and give the wife a break.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Koldkuty,
Get yourself a airrifle then you can practice at home. The best type is a 10 meter Olympic air gun, they only run about 500 to 600 ftps so they are great for getting your follow through and trigger control under control.
Best investment i ever made, of course you can also shoot air rifle silhouette.
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

slowstdy wrote:Koldkuty,
Get yourself a airrifle then you can practice at home. The best type is a 10 meter Olympic air gun, they only run about 500 to 600 ftps so they are great for getting your follow through and trigger control under control.
Best investment i ever made, of course you can also shoot air rifle silhouette.
practice is not an issue, I can find time for that in my spare time, its getting the same timeframe that the match occurs in to cooincide. Besides that I live on a ranch and I can shoot .22 out the back door without anyone caring. Taking the kid along is still hard because he sleeps through the night and stays awake most of the day. Kevin, the wife works saturday so I may get up after she leaves and head to the range with the kid even if I don't get to shoot durring the relays.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Mary, was that you sleeping at the matches? I always thought you were older than that.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

drew, I hope you can make it. We rebuilt 2 berms and they look real good. If i can just stop someone from shooting clay targets on the berms and leaving a huge mess. Since it is not a registered match we can grant you an exception if the baby starts to cry.

Kevin

ps it will be good to see you again.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Drew,
Having a kid awake on the range is not a problem, kids do adapt. Playpens are portable and do work for a while till they really start to climb.

Jerry,
I am old enough to know better and young enough to not care. The boy is 16 going on 17 now, or is that 32??? I thought the older you got the more you slept, haven't hit that stage yet but been around a few that are past that.

Mary

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Drew,
Having a kid awake on the range is not a problem, kids do adapt. Playpens are portable and do work for a while till they really start to climb.

Jerry,
I am old enough to know better and young enough to not care. The boy is 16 going on 17 now, or is that 32??? I thought the older you got the more you slept, haven't hit that stage yet but been around a few that are past that.

Mary

Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Drew,

Jerry,

Mary

Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You can say that again, Mary... :lol:
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Why not make it three times, just for the heck of it.......... :roll:
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hey I'm old enough to remember life without computers, even without TV, much simpler then. Was almost 21 before we got a TV, so I do not care for slow technology when I can think faster than the machine!!!
Or was it the vodka from the store last night Dawg?
M

slowstdy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by slowstdy »

Innononocenty, i was 9 before we had electricity, can't remember when we got tv, but is was B/W and programs did not start until 5:pm and went off at 10:30pm. They had a test chart thingy that came on at 4:30pm Little girl, with some toys, lots of bars and patches. We had the radio. "Workers play time" and "down your way"
Cheers Limey

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Innocent wrote: so I do not care for slow technology when I can think faster than the machine!!!
Or was it the vodka from the store last night Dawg?
M
Aw yes ..... the air of superiority that comes with scoth and vodka, one must take note of such things.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg