Ben Lomand pics and some results

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

I concur with your assessment Mary. Andrew dont worry about set up thats why I bring my boys. I was pretty proud of my 10 year old though shooting that 5x40.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
Congrats on getting your son going. Sounds like he is doing well and you are doing a great job encouraging the other youngsters to come out also.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Thanks Mary, its alot more fun to shoot with other people. Did you see the pics of our motley crew. That is our range. It is kind of far for a lot of people but we are working on getting more participation. I made some flyers and put them up at the local gun stores as well as Neal Johnsons Anschutz place here in town.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
Having grown up shooting all over Florida the range looks great, most ranges here that are still open are so closed in it's like shooting indoors with all the baffles and other garbage to control noise and potential range abuse of shooters not controlling their shots. Keep working on gettng people out, there is a lot of competition with soccer, flag football....but this is one sport that you can compete only with yourself or in a team situation. I'm sure Gator will concur with me that two things that draw shooters out are awards and food. Winnsboro has taken those two attractions to the highest level of any group I've ever seen.
Are you bringing the wife and son to Raton?

Mary

Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

I like the BBQ idea...we may need to put one of those together out there, I know how to cook a damn good briskett.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Mary, not bringing son or wife to raton. Wife just had surgery otherwise she was planning on it. Son still needs work with keeping in tune with what is going on. My other son could but has some Fencing commitments and Money to earn to go to a College intern activity. I will be there with the guy in the Funny safari looking hat in the pics. A BBQ is a good Idea. We are also having an open house at the range to let people try the sport. We do have alot of shooting sports here its just that most people dont stay here long due to the military moving them so it can be a challenge. We have been getting about 6 or so to the matches though. When will you be out our way Mary. I will let you come shoot with me all day long for free if you give me some pointers.

Kevin
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Kevin,
The dates for the International Comparison haven't been set as yet but usually they are at the end of September. Still going through some reorg's here at work so I do not know who will be sent out but either someone is going to have to do some last minute crash training on operating this cavity or they'll send me. The SOP doesn't exsist because it actually is in transition from one operating system to another.
I hope to make Colorado states at the same time frame but can't committ yet. Look forward to seeing you at Raton, hope all goes well with your wifes recovery.
Drew, the BBQ sounds good. I'm always ready for food.

Mary