This and That

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

This and That

Post by Jim Beckley »

This is kind of a mixed bag of SB and HP, so I'll put it here. I picked up some Nosler Brass for my .270 Deer Rifle. I don't know who is making it for them, but my best guess is Federal. When I reloaded them after one firing the primer pockets were very soft just like Federal's. I saw some where that they are coming out with other calibers, I know one was a .260 Remington, so if you buy any of this stuff and if it's like mine you will have expensive junk. I pulled out a Winchester model 190 .22 that has been collecting dust in my safe for a few years, took it out to the range and punched paper with it for a while. I was surprised by how much fun it was just plinking and how many misfires I had. I guess that is the difference between ammo costing 12.00 for 50 and 11.00 for 550. The misfires would go the second time around though. Bob I don't think there is a spell check on this so it's all on you bud. Jim
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Your best inexpensive .22 LR is Federal Auto-Match, about $11 for 350. The other stuff goes bang and fouls your rifle but not much else. Since I don't know squat about high power, I'll stick with rimfire.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ