Death of a program? I sincerely hope not!

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Death of a program? I sincerely hope not!

Post by Jerry G »

We have been the 'redhead stepchild' of the NRA for a long time. Nothing has changed.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

And here's why nothing has changed...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9980&start=135

This can't be blamed solely on the NRA. If we don't get rid of the complainers/drama makers in silhouette competition, we can expect there to continue to be no change.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I agree any kind of shooting needs to be fun. We put on the lever Gun Silhouette matches at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and have added Hunter Pistol. A shooter can shoot a formal, NRA approved match for score and then we have fun, man vs man shutoffs on squirrel, prairie dog and rabbit metal silhouettes. Everyone loves it. Be as serious as you want on the formal match and then have fun on the shootoff.

We have removed drama queens, trouble makers and cranky old white men from our matches . Everyone now has a good time and contributes.

We drive 6 hours one way to a Lever action match every month because we have fun with the folks that put it on when we could drive 2 hours to a match we just don't like anymore, so we don't go there.

We recruit shooters, show them a fun time and then they come back. We have B class shooters returning from far away because we show them a good time and serve good food. The B class awards are just as important to us as the master winners.

Make shooting fun, remove the problems and numbers will grow. It only takes one cranky old white man or drama queen rant to turn a kid off of shooting forever.
Just Be Nice **==
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Mallory and I just got back from shooting the Conard Cup in Washington where I spent some time with Steel. I do very much appreciate the kind words from you guys. Means more to me than you could know. As Bob mentioned in his reply above I will be back as his assistant and plan on taking as active a role as our travel schedule will permit. We are aware of the problem and I plan on taking a very straightforward, even blunt approach to resolve this issue. Issues like this spring up when you are desperate for volunteers to help and you have a busy schedule that does not allow you to commit two weekends per month to local matches. If you guys will bear with us we will get OFGC's program back to where it belongs. It won't happen overnight, but we will get there. I haven't been on Steelchickens much lately but I'm going to commit to checking in more frequently and will be more active in posting. By and large the people in our sport are some of the best folks you will ever meet. And as always I am glad to help anyone who would ask with anything related to Smallbore and Highpower silhouette. I don't have all the answers but do have a wealth of experience to draw from and have been extremely blessed to be able to travel to and shoot on some of the great ranges all over this great land. And you are right, James Slusher is one of nicest guys around and is also a world class shooter. Not a better guy in our sport anywhere.

I look forward to seeing you all back at the range, if not OFGC at one of the others that we get to visit.
John Neihouse
Commander in Chief, F Troop
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Thanks, John. Look forward to shooting your matches.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Bcloninger
Jeanne and I are planning to shoot your small bore 1/5 scale match this weekend. We may have a guest..do you have books to sell ?
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

glen ring wrote:Bcloninger
Jeanne and I are planning to shoot your small bore 1/5 scale match this weekend. We may have a guest..do you have books to sell ?
Yessir, I will have NRA scorebooks.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Thank you for great hospitality today BCloninger. As you saw today, we like to have fun shooting. We look forward to seeing you next month...only if you shoot with us.
Just Be Nice **==
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

glen ring wrote:Thank you for great hospitality today BCloninger. As you saw today, we like to have fun shooting. We look forward to seeing you next month...only if you shoot with us.
It was really great of you guys to drive all that way! Loved having you there! And yes, next time I'll shoot!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis