2016 Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match: Sept 10-11, 2016

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

2016 Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match: Sept 10-11, 2016

Post by cecawthorne »

RE: Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match - September 10 & 11, 2016

Hello All,

Attached is the program & entry form for the 2016 Texas State Air Rifle Match at Bayou Rifles in Houston.
Come join us for a fun and competitive 2-day match including a handicapped (3) man/woman team match.
Should you have any questions, contact me on this website or call/email using details in the program.
Plan now and looking forward to seeing you there!

Best Regards,
Chris Cawthorne
Match Director
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2016 Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match: Sept 10-11, 2016

Post by acorneau »

Cool, I might have an air rifle by then!
:D

FYI: you might mention to Greg G. that the club calendar has it listed as a Smallbore State championship.
Allen Corneau
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cecawthorne »

Hello Everyone,

OK...there will be a LA-TEX Team Grudge Match between the Texas shooters and our guests from Lousiana.
The top (3) individual aggregate scores from TX pitted against LA will determine the winner (see photo for awards plaques).
So you all from LA bring your game on!

In addition there will be handicapped 3- man team matches for Target, Open and Sporter Guns with nice awards.
I will be working up the handicapped points system, but it will be biased for shooters in the lower classes to have an excellent chance of winning. Be thinking about who you want to team up with as sign-up is on the morning of the match.

So come join us for a great match and send in your applications!

Best regards,
Chris Cawthorne
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

\m/ :-bd
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

If only the top 3 scores count you better have a separate team just for Steigers to Pat's score might count... Better yet, better do two teams of Steigers.

Dustin
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

That's not going to happen. Elisabeth spent her vacation on the Louisiana State match, so she can't go, Nicholas is in school in Dallas, so he can't go, Garrett is in th Air force, scratch another one, and Joseph said he didn't want to go since it was only him......I knew I shoulda had more kids......And I don't even know if I will get the days off anywway.

Did you see USA first gold....womens 10M air rifle!!!!! Ginny Thrasher!
Last edited by psteiger on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Ginny Thrasher. I think you're going senile.

Dustin
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

what does that have to do with gumbo?
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cecawthorne »

Hello All,

The water level as of August 23rd at the Bayou Rifles Range located at the Addicks Reservoir is currently at the flood stage. We are monitoring the situation to see if the water level recedes before our Texas State Match on September 10-11.

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER, WE WILL HOLD THE MATCH!

Our contingency plan gives us the option of holding the match at our Bayou Rifles Juliff Range off of Hwy 288 south of Houston (see directions below). I will post the final match location (Addicks or Juliff) by September 5-6 here so all of you from out of town can change your hotel reservations. I believe there are quite a few hotels at the Hwy 288 and Hwy 6 intersection. While I will also reach out in other ways to keep those I know that are coming informed, help me out by talking with others you about the situation. I would also appreciate you reaching out to me to let me know your are coming if you have not sent in your entry form yet so I can assist in keeping you informed.

We should have a great match with good awards in all classes, so come join us and support our sport!

Best regards,
Chris Cawthorne
Match Director

Directions: Bayou Rifles Juliff Range is located approximately. 25 miles south of Houston. Take TX Hwy. 288 south, cross TX Hwy 6, proceed 2.6 miles to Brazoria County Rd. 57 West. Turn right (west) and travel 1.8 miles. The range is on the right side (north) of the road. http://www.bayourifles.org

GPS Coordinates – +29.4534, -95.4500 or +29° 27′ 12.06″, -95° 27′ 0.09
Address – 1803 County Road 57, Rosharon, TX 77583 – Google and Apple maps are about a .5 mile off for this location
cecawthorne
B Poster
B Poster

Post by cecawthorne »

Hello All,

Re: New Match Location - Texas State Air Rifle Silhouette Match, September 10-11, 2016

After assessing the water level situation at the Bayou Rifles Addicks Range, WE HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE THE TEXAS STATE AIR RIFLE SILHOUETTE MATCH TO OUR JULIFF RANGE LOCATION.

Directions: Bayou Rifles Juliff Range is located approximately 25 miles south of Houston. Take TX Hwy. 288 south, cross TX Hwy 6, proceed 2.6 miles to Brazoria County Rd. 57 West. Turn right (west) and travel 1.8 miles. The range is on the right side (north) of the road. http://www.bayourifles.org

GPS Coordinates – +29.4534, -95.4500 or +29° 27′ 12.06″, -95° 27′ 0.09
Address – 1803 County Road 57, Rosharon, TX 77583 – Google and Apple maps are about a .5 mile off for this location

For those coming in from out-of-town, there are various good chain hotels and restaurants along Hwy 288 between Beltway 8 and Hwy 6.

I will be reaching out to those I know coming to the match via email and phone, but if you know someone who is coming, please reach out and spread the word.

Practice starts at 2:00 PM on Friday and 7:30 AM to 8:45 AM on Saturday. The match will start approximately 9:00 AM. Call or email me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Chris Cawthorne
Match Director