Silhouette Committee Members

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Silhouette Committee Members

Post by glen ring »

I love the NRA , especially the silhouette division. Greg was a very nice man, Barry was a very nice man...I hope whoever takes that position next will be just as nice as those two guys.
Just Be Nice **==
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Just for the record, Greg is still there.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

glgraves wrote:From what I hear about the committee meetings the members are over ruled in any decisions they make for the better of the shooting members by the committee chairman, who is a non silhouette shooter but is an NRA director who is put on as chairman by the NRA. Those of you at the final day of lever gun nationals saw that chairman, Dave Bennett. He came up to act like he cared about silhouette and announced that he and Barry were going to get all nationals at WC. He is just a mouth. But he as chairman can over ride the likes and wishes of all the silhouette shooters.

Glenda
I assume you make your statement after consulting with a majority of the members on the committee? Please name names! It's hard for me to imagine someone remaining on that committee if what you say is true.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Jim T. wrote: It's hard for me to imagine someone remaining on that committee if what you say is true.

Maybe the NRA provides free gourmet doughnuts at these meeting?

Perhaps they have REALLY GOOD brownies flown in from Colorado?

\m/
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

At the BPCR Target Competitors Meeting 2014, Greg Connors said, if he received a letter from a competitor to the committees (not just silhouette?) and didn't understand it he simply discarded the letter. Barry Ranney said he was taking notes of the competitor meeting 2014 and would make them available to the competitors. We did not see him take notes and I was at the 2016 Black Powder Committee Meeting, Barry Ranney was the secretary of the meenting, and he did not reference or submit any input from any competitor meetings from any date. We sent 26 letters 2014 to the Black Powder Committee and the Committee Meeting was cancelled 2014 by Dennis Willing saying there was nothing for the Committee Agenda. It has obviously been a waste of time to send a letter to Competitions Division for any Committee or to rely on Competitions Division to relay competitor concerns. Address letters to Kyle Weaver and James Kohlmeyer by name at NRA Headquarters. Email to lucinda@shilohrifle.com for Silhouette Member Bryan.
Zack Taylor, Rio Rico, Arizona
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

I assume you make your statement after consulting with a majority of the members on the committee? Please name names! It's hard for me to imagine someone remaining on that committee if what you say is true.[/quote]
Glenda is a competitor and Match Director that spends the summer at the Whittington Center (and has for years) and gets to meet and talk to a wide variety of people including NRA Board Members, Committee Members, Match Directors, and Competitors while running matches and interacting with Whittington Center Staff. She has what is termed "unusual access" to people and information. Much of that access to information would evaporate if she went around saying who said what to who, when, where or how. However, the best way to get her to stop sharing what she knows with the shooting community is to piss her off by suggesting she doesn't know what she is talking about or asking her to disclose the sources of what is likely first hand information. Any NRA member can attend any Committee Meeting.
Heavybarrell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Heavybarrell »

Does any of this NON Transparency remind you of anything? ! LOL
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

As of 2 years ago, I have these e-mail addresses if anyone cares. Again, the below info is 2 years old.

Silhouette Dept silhouette@nrahq.org
Director of Competition Shooting: Carolyn Chin cchin@nrahq.org
Asst: Dennis Welling dwelling@nrahq.org
Tournament Operations: Tournrpt@nrahq.org

I guess if you know the persons first initial and last name, the rest is @nrahq.org
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Twenty-two replies, and not one answer to the question. Kind of like politicians. :p
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I really have no gripe with any NRA person and if the guys/gals back east can put on a well attended match then by golly we should let them have a shot at it. I understand Pennsylvania is a nice state with nice people so I am curious on how this will turn out. Missouri has nice folks , Arizona...etc and these are places I want to visit someday so if the nationals are move around a little maybe I can visit those places. It's all cool...except Washington state...I won't go to Washington state.
Just Be Nice **==
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

glgraves wrote:From what I hear about the committee meetings the members are over ruled in any decisions they make for the better of the shooting members by the committee chairman, who is a non silhouette shooter but is an NRA director who is put on as chairman by the NRA. Those of you at the final day of lever gun nationals saw that chairman, Dave Bennett. He came up to act like he cared about silhouette and announced that he and Barry were going to get all nationals at WC. He is just a mouth. But he as chairman can over ride the likes and wishes of all the silhouette shooters.

Glenda
Maybe the committee chairman needs to be an active silhouette shooter.

Since I am kind of new around here: I am going to ask this anyway (maybe open a BIG can of worms): Is there any way that this Dave Bennett could be removed from his position and replaced by an active silhouette shooter?

Is the very top of the NRA aware of Mr. Bennett"s actions? Or do they not care?

Is it possible that the silhouette community as a whole, could put enough pressure at the right spot to have to any kind of effect on Mr. Bennett?

As far as the national matches, there isn't anyway that I can afford to go to either location. :(( If I could afford it, It would not matter to me where it would be held.
Ferret Master
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Ferret Master »

Mr. Bennett is doing exactly what the NRA wants him to do.
Ferret Master
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Ferret Master wrote:Mr. Bennett is doing exactly what the NRA wants him to do.
Ferret Master
I know the NRA fights for our gun rights and I am a NRA member.

But do we really need the NRA for the silhouette shooters to hold a national match????
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Ferret Master wrote:Mr. Bennett is doing exactly what the NRA wants him to do.
Ferret Master
And you know that how?
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Ken Green wrote:
But do we really need the NRA for the silhouette shooters to hold a national match????
Pretty much. You need and organizing body that manages the rules and regulations, sets the criteria for determining the winners and losers, hosts the event, and oversees the organization of the sport.

Without it, you could have a "National Championship" every year in your backyard. Actually, someone declared his own, personal, unaffiliated match "World Championship" last year. While it might have been a decent match, that's a joke, of course. Like a politician, you can SAY anything, but maintaining the credibility of the event while doing won't happen. Actually, I'll be holding the Intergalactic revolver match tomorrow afternoon. I suspect I'll win :). I am sure you are impressed?

The NRA needs a ton of help. I don't see that happening, but maybe someone with very deep pockets, an infinite amount of tolerance for whining and complaining, and boundless time and energy (remember Coors?) will step in and create a new organization. In the meantime, I'm not holding my breath.