Chattanooga Rifle Club

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Modo
Unclassified Poster

Re: Chattanooga Rifle Club

Post by Modo »

This absolutely stinks.

I shot my first silhouette match at Chattanooga a few years ago and have made the state match a late summer family getaway for several years.

Thanks Ed and Dale for running the match for all these years, we'll miss it.

James
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Gator, the old song and words of "you won't know what it was till it's gone" will ring through to the club soon. You both ran a great match there and the only thing I ever herd was the gate issue was always a problem, and should have NEVER been when a club is running a match with out of state shooters coming, it should have been open for those days period.

Your always welcome in AZ! :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

Hi Bob
Glad things are going your way in the desert.
The gate issue at Chattanooga has some history behind it that is understandable. Having said that, it was not too much an issue with most of us, since we had been doing it for so long. The issue was the damage from the lightning the day before.
One of the unfortunate issues of this, is the loss of revenue to Boy Scout Troop 442 from Maryville Tennessee who had been setting targets for us with an approximately 3.5 minute turnaround for the past 11 years. This is a loss to them of $400-$500 for the SBSR and $200 for the CBLA per year plus a night of camping at Harrison Bay Park on the Tennessee River per year.
Shot HPSR Nationals in ’01 at Ben Avery, in Phoenix Little dry and warm for a swamp rat reformed to a mountain man. And, we were there in October.
Guess I will have go back to shooting in Ridgeway (love it there) even if they don’t have any grits up there. Great home-fried taters & onions and good people.
C ya
Gator
tnchicknsnipr
B Poster
B Poster

Post by tnchicknsnipr »

It is with a sad heart that I have to say goodbye to all of the shooters who have graced our range in the past. I wish it could be different but against my wishes the matches at Chattanooga have come to a end. The memories will always be with us. Some good and a few bad.. It has always been mine and Gaters job to provide the best match we could and hope we have. Of course I expect the cheap shots against me to continue but as some one said " take it from the source" . Kim and I will still be around traveling to different parts of the country shooting silhouette matches and visiting with friends and make new ones. Its just Kim and I so have rifles will travel. So match directors get your info out there so we can plan to visit.
In closing I want to thank all who graced our range and hope to see you soon. Merry Christmas.
Dale (granny) Clingan
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

My wife and I traveled to the Tennessee State match this year. It was a well tan match with no issues that we planned on attending again this year with some other folks from PA. It's just to bad that all of Eds and Dales hard work was not enough to keep it going. Maybe all the ones that were doing the complaining will step up and see what it's like to run a match. But I doubt it because most complainers will not do anything to help. Look forward to seeing you in July. Mike Haynes