Anyone used/tried a recorded line calling system?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Anyone used/tried a recorded line calling system?

Post by glen ring »

Ken

We tried everything we could think of. I tried it, Jeanne tried different things and we always got a wail while walking down the line. When we got close to the speakers, we got the wail. The speakers are permanently mounted to our cover so we can't move them.

I LOVE a wireless mic and have used one MANY times, I guess our range is just old.

We go to the whittington center and shoot several times a year. The wireless system that Glenda Graves is using is GREAT. I can't remember the make and model, but she shoots and calls the match at the same time and it's very clear with no feed back.
Just Be Nice **==
ole95
B Poster
B Poster

Post by ole95 »

Most all IHMSA matches I shoot used recorded line calls
eeleater
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eeleater »

I have been using a CD for the past 10 years at Green Valley in Columbia MO. We do not have any sound system at the range we use, so I play it on a small battery powered "boom box". I have all the commands to fire the 2 banks with the push of one button. If something comes up I can turn the system off with the push of one button, and give voice commands.
In making the CD I was able to insert or delete timed silences, so the times of the commands are correct to under a second.
The feedback from our shooters has always been good. I like it as it makes it easier for me to shoot the matches. I also find it easier to pay attention to what is going on as I am not having to watch a timer.

If someone is interested in a copy, let me know. Not sure how to attach a copy in a post.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day All
Here "Down-under" most of our matches are shot to the tune of "Andy Mac's Greatest Hit". In respect of the fellow who took the time to record the line calls for shooting 2 banks of 5 targets. It was originally burned to a CD and played on a portable player hooked to a P.A system. It has been copied many times and it provides good consistency to shooting as it is used all over the country. No matter where you are it is "the same old tune". :)
Taps
RBriscoe
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by RBriscoe »

IHMSA53393 wrote:I was the match director at Irwin Sportsmen's Assn in Irwin,Pa for 18 years. We shot NRA Hunters Pistol and then added PC and Smallbore Cowboy Rifle. Most matches I did not get to shoot. So I created the two attached files, wrote a CD and connected a single cheap CD player to our PA system. The first file is setup to run and shoot two banks of targets. The second file is a shortened version for the second bank if you have an alibi. Playing the first file let me walk to my shooting position and shoot the match while calling the range. Another match director that I gave the file to plays them from his cell phone. Anyone feel free to make as many copies and share as you wish.

Bruce Lumsden
Irwin, Pa
One IHMSA match director uses a little MP3 player on a remote so he can start it from wherever he is on the firing line.