Ridgway PA vs. Raton NM

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Ridgway PA vs. Raton NM

Post by Taps »

Be careful Glen, "once you go black, you never go back". :-bd
Taps
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Taps

Now THAT is funny. I have a GREAT gun maker I shoot with. Dan Zimmerman makes some fantastic Hepburn guns. I'll give it a whirl. Most of our lever action guys shoot BPCR and they LOVE it. We look forward to seeing you guys in Raton.
Just Be Nice **==
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

One long day drive in my car to Raton, or one long day sitting on an airplane and rental car for PA. I am not too sure I want to cross the Miss river again.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The original post came about after I tell the wife Ridgway has got to be much farther away than Raton. She said they are the same and looked the miles up. She is right but I think the trip to Ridgway will be much longer because of population density, more traffic, more urban city areas and speed limits that are more strictly enforced. When we go to Raton, we only go through the urban areas of Little Rock, AR. and Oklahoma City, OK.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Glen, I have to warn you, I shoot custom highwalls. After you shoot one, you will never look at a hepburn the same again. :)

Dan's Hepburns are pretty nice though. For Humpbacks. :)
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

atomicbrh
That's the reason we go to Raton. We like less people. When we stated we'd rather go west than east, you'd think we'd had asked someone if their mother was a good dancer. For us, west is best and east we like the least.

Brent.

I look forward to shooting one of your rifles in Raton.
Just Be Nice **==
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twidpa »

twidpa, What? I've been accused of being thick-headed and addlepated, but 'm not following you.
Where would you be less likely to be caught up in controversy???
T
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Twidpa
I think this was a very positive post with very positive responses. Me and all these folks will be at raton and I have a feeling the only controversy will be over which country makes the best beer.

If you're looking for controversy, I think you'll be disappointed with The Whittington center and of course The Oklahoma City Gun Club.
Just Be Nice **==
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Glen, Do you guys shoot scoped Smallbore rifle Silhouette in Oklahoma City? You are in the middle of the country. Sounds like a good place to run a regional except I have never driven through there when the wind was not blowing 40 MPH.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

We don't shoot 1/5th scale. We've talked about it, but have our hands full shooting CLA. In Tulsa they shoot 1/5 scale the same Sat we shoot cla. We've tried to change our day so we can shoot there and they have done the same..but to no avail. Jeanne shot at the smallbore nationals last year and really liked it, but with only getting to shoot it every other year I'm not shooting the scope stuff anymore.
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

We live about an hour east of Oklahoma city 8 miles south of I-40. If you're driving through Oklahoma and it gets dark on you send me a message . We have an extra room , we'll feed you a good meal plus we have a 100 yard range 10 feet off the porch.
Just Be Nice **==
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Jerry G wrote:I am not too sure I want to cross the Miss river again.
I am not sure the east is ready for you either.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

For me Raton is a no brainer. I love approimately 3.5 hours away in the Albuquerque metro area.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Where would you be less likely to be caught up in controversy???
T
I personally am not "likely to be caught up in controversy" either place. Your cryptic messages are hard to discern. Care to elaborate further?

~Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twidpa »

I personally am not "likely to be caught up in controversy" either place. Your cryptic messages are hard to discern. Care to elaborate further?

Jeanne,
Cryptic was not my intent. I read a lot about things that happen at the big matches and have seen a few weird things myself. One instance discussed on this site was about a glove at a high power silhouette match but I forget where it was held, maybe raton. Anyway, it seems maybe I am reading too much into the few accounts and no real difference in these two venues.
Carry on and be safe.
T