Ridgway PA vs. Raton NM

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Ridgway PA vs. Raton NM

Post by atomicbrh »

From my door to the range at Ridgway = 1,091 miles.
From my door to the range at Raton = 1,083 miles.
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ridgway PA vs. Raton NM

Post by BrentD »

Miles are only one parameter.

I have much the same situation, 832 mi to Raton, 868 to Ridgeway. But I far better whenever my truck is pointing West. Just the way it is. Got my reservations in for 16 days at the Whit this summer.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

8500 miles for me, but who's counting?
Taps
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

Bah, you will manage. :)

I'll be doing that same 8500 miles in October.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

Competitor housing for us Brent, July 7 - 14. See you there mate!
Taps
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

My blushing bride and I will be celebrating our 40th anniversary staying in competitor housing for 18 days. We can't think of any place we'd rather be or anyone else we'd rather be around.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

18 days? Glenn, it sounds like you will be shooting BPCR too. Is that right?

I'm getting there on the 29th and staying through the 15th.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I'm shooting CLA and then the PPC Rocky mountain nationals. I'm not man enough to shoot BPCR...maybe when I grow up.
Just Be Nice **==
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

When I think of the Nationals, I think of the Whittington Center. It has it all, tradition, housing, scenery, top rate competitors, etc......
Hope to see everyone there this July.................
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

glen ring wrote:I'm shooting CLA and then the PPC Rocky mountain nationals. I'm not man enough to shoot BPCR...maybe when I grow up.
If I can do it, you can do it. Nothing to it at all. Lots easier than lever rifle, that's for sure.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Maybe if I can talk you into letting me shoot one of your rifles , while you're practicing at Raton, I'd like to give it a try.

I'll be 61 this summer so I better get going on new sports before I'm worm food.
Just Be Nice **==
twidpa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by twidpa »

Which venue has more shooting related off line banter verses gamesmanship or trickery related antics while folks are off the firing line? It seems there are always stories about folks who stretch or bend rules that leads to someone feeling they were "cheated" at the big matches. Is this just a locality thing or does it seem to follow individuals who visit the different venues?
T
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

glen ring wrote:Maybe if I can talk you into letting me shoot one of your rifles , while you're practicing at Raton, I'd like to give it a try.

I'll be 61 this summer so I better get going on new sports before I'm worm food.
I think we can make that happen. I'm going to get there on the 29th of June so we will be practicing hither, thither and yon, but you are welcome to do some shooting with my rifles. I'm a paper patch shooter, so it's a little easier than what most guys do and a little more accurate.

Come find us in campsite 119 or look for a 2016 White F150 SuperCrew with Iowa plates. I doubt there will be two of them.
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

twidpa wrote:Which venue has more shooting related off line banter verses gamesmanship or trickery related antics while folks are off the firing line? It seems there are always stories about folks who stretch or bend rules that leads to someone feeling they were "cheated" at the big matches. Is this just a locality thing or does it seem to follow individuals who visit the different venues?
T
twidpa, What? I've been accused of being thick-headed and addlepated, but 'm not following you.
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Brent...Thanks !! It's a date. I'll look you up. I know nothing about paper patching . I have always wanted to try BPCR and everyone I have met that is involved in the sport has been a really nice person.
Just Be Nice **==