Are Club Web Sites Useful

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...

Are Club Web Sites beneficial?

Yes they are
89%
No they are of no use
11%

Total votes: 38

Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Are Club Web Sites Useful

Post by Bob259 »

Unfortunately, after our web site was taken off line by an individual who was hosting and updating it on his own without giving us any notice, we now have people in the club wondering if Club Web sites are useful and/or needed at all.

Please cast your vote so I can present at the next club meeting.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Are Club Web Sites Useful

Post by psteiger »

useful only if updated. Ours are rarely updated. So no one looks at them. That is a thankless job, unfortunately.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

It's very easy to give the website to potential new Shooters after I talk to them about silhouette.

I only started shooting silhouette because I heard about the sport and found our club website. If no website, it becomes a who you know to get updates and dates for matches; you have to be part of the in crowd to known what's going on.

I see a company/club website as mandatory in the 21st century.
Last edited by thauglor on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If they are updated on the same schedule as the AZ fish and game site they are worthless.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I am the unfortunate soul that updates ours. Yes they are useful since ours has all of the 2017 schedules posted the day they are decided by the club. There is a ton of information about multiple disciplines there if you dig deep enough. One of the most important things we have there is the contact info of our match directors. That way you can go straight to the source to get your questions answered.

p.s. go look at it and tell me what needs fixin! http://www.hellgatecsa.org/id9.html
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

A good website that is kept current is useful. A website, e-mail group or blog where every match result, photos and write-ups about what happened during the match promotes silhouette. Newbies learn about the sport and even seasoned competitors deserve recognition for their accomplishments. Even if it is just a monthly club match, people want to see what is going on.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

OldRanger wrote:I am the unfortunate soul that updates ours. Yes they are useful since ours has all of the 2017 schedules posted the day they are decided by the club. There is a ton of information about multiple disciplines there if you dig deep enough. One of the most important things we have there is the contact info of our match directors. That way you can go straight to the source to get your questions answered.

p.s. go look at it and tell me what needs fixin! http://www.hellgatecsa.org/id9.html

Nice site. The only problem is the iron man is a woman.......... =))
Tell the Scheutzen guy to get some pics. I love those rifles. They're soooo cool.
I was the webmaster of a car club for 7 years. Tons of work. No pay. Our local websites club haven't been updated in 8 -10 years. No volunteers.
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

a club wed site is very useful to me. i am all ways looking for new places to shoot.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ppkny »

Bob, I agree with the comments about being up to date, If they're not they are no worth it. I've ran many a web site and published club newsletters for a lot of years.
Important info on the web site:
1. Info current (as often as possible if not real time)
2. Club location (very important) Sounds basic but a lot of club's assume that it's only members looking at the site
3. Club Contact person (not just email with some generic club email that no one looks at in a timely manner)
4. Dates of events that include the year not just the month and date ex. August 4, 2017
5. Event contact person (as above)
6. Current club grounds access restrictions
ppkny
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Now here is a club website to be admired..... 8)

http://crci.org/
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:Now here is a club website to be admired..... 8)

http://crci.org/
Just beautiful Bob..... Maybe we'll have one again soon :(

Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Bob aka Guru. How far is that club from Trinidad Co. I was planning on taking a class at the Jr. College this summer.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

According to MapQuest your looking at 3.5 hrs. and 221 miles via US 350 out of Trinidad, then CO 71 north to Limon. Take I-70 west from there. Definitely avoid I-25 north through the cities. Maybe we will see you at a match. :-bd
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

If a clubs web site is not kept up to date it is worthless. Here it is almost March 2017 and the schedules I turned in to our club last Oct. are not on our web site yet.
I realize we are all volunteers, but it is frustrating when things like this happen. I contacted the web master a week ago, and still nothing.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

cslcAl wrote:If a clubs web site is not kept up to date it is worthless. Here it is almost March 2017 and the schedules I turned in to our club last Oct. are not on our web site yet.
I realize we are all volunteers, but it is frustrating when things like this happen. I contacted the web master a week ago, and still nothing.

Al Foust
Not as bad as ours, our person that maintained our site got mad because someone didn't answer an email quick enough so decided to shut it down altogether, no notice, nothing. Then the club didn't have the guts to expel him for it, I'm beginning to think we have Liberals that infiltrated the club.