Are Club Web Sites Useful

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...

Are Club Web Sites beneficial?

Yes they are
89%
No they are of no use
11%

Total votes: 38

thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Are Club Web Sites Useful

Post by thauglor »

Hassayampa website is back up at http://www.phoenixsilhouette.org

Results are still a work in order.
JWebster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by JWebster »

thauglor wrote:Hassayampa website is back up at http://www.phoenixsilhouette.org

Results are still a work in order.

There might be copyright issues with the website. It is content that I personally created and still has my name on it:

<meta name="author" content="Jerry L. Webster, RLS" />
<meta name="copyright" content="ACD, PLLC, Jerry L. Webster, RLS" />
<meta name="web author" content="ACD, PLLC, Jerry L. Webster, RLS" />

It is pretty screwed up that you would jack me around, then reproduce the content I created without at least modifying it to make it yours.

How difficult would that be?

Free hosting for four years, tens of hours of work in graphics and layout and the ultimate stab in the back on your departure.
A great group to have been associated with.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

The site is still a work in progress, but we wanted the site up as soon as possible for out of town people for information about the upcoming state championship as well as other matches.

The work you did on the site has been noted (in a positive context) in recent group meetings and people have appreciated it.

We do appreciate you hosting it for us for these last years. The club wanted it's website back up so we did the best we can to get it up as soon as possible. Your concerns will be taken into consideration and will be remedied.

I and another person also do this free of charge without payment on our own time. We appreciate your patience with is.

If you want to talk about it, my cell is 602-three 6 1 - O3twoFour, give me a call.
JWebster
B Poster
B Poster

Post by JWebster »

thauglor wrote:The site is still a work in progress, but we wanted the site up as soon as possible for out of town people for information about the upcoming state championship as well as other matches.

The work you did on the site has been noted (in a positive context) in recent group meetings and people have appreciated it.

We do appreciate you hosting it for us for these last years. The club wanted it's website back up so we did the best we can to get it up as soon as possible. Your concerns will be taken into consideration and will be remedied.

I and another person also do this free of charge without payment on our own time. We appreciate your patience with is.

If you want to talk about it, my cell is 602-three 6 1 - O3twoFour, give me a call.

Thank you. Kind words are very much appreciated at this point.
Previously there was only negativity toward me.
It seemed to be ignored I offered free hosting and free updates. I was just the guy that stripped it off the internet without warning.

Your concerns on having the website up is understood and I will be patient.

Best of Luck!
Sincerely,

Jerry
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

Thank you Jerry.