Texas State smallbore May 6&7

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Texas State smallbore May 6&7

Post by psteiger »

The 2017 Texas State small bore match is May 6&7 at the Golden Triangle Gun Club in Beaumont, Texas. The infamous Wimpy Page has agreed to host it. Charlie Shelton is also involved so you know the food alone will be worth the trip. We hope to see you there.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Texas State smallbore May 6&7

Post by psteiger »

Did the entry form attach?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chango2013
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chango2013 »

:-bd
hope we can attend this year
G.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I would like to try and attend but have to watch the money.

How long of a drive from Baton Rouge to the range?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

The State match is this weekend.

My understanding is we will have a multi-national turnout with competitors from Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana. :-j

Come on out and join the fun.
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

acorneau wrote:The State match is this weekend.

My understanding is we will have a multi-national turnout with competitors from Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana. :-j

Come on out and join the fun.
I expect the red carpet treatment upon my arrival. Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

you'll get the carpet treatment. We'll roll you up in a carpet and drop you in the Sabine River as crab bait..... =))
Seriously, thanks for coming out It will be nice to see you. Looks like we'll have the Mexican National Champion, Gabriel and his partner Carlos coming as well. Maybe we can get Conard Cup Champion Cathy Winstead in to make an appearance, or the Lovely Laura to give us some shooting lessons.....
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

psteiger wrote:you'll get the carpet treatment. We'll roll you up in a carpet and drop you in the Sabine River as crab bait..... =))
This hostility is undeserved! I'm not really related to dhatch! I just say that to keep up appearances so I seem charitable. It's a tax write off. You know how those things are.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Mmmmm. Not really related to dhatch? Oh, O K. If that is truly so, then please return to me my 541HB and then seeing how I am now left with one son, then I reckon that he will be the only heir? :ymdevil:
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dhatch wrote:Mmmmm. Not really related to dhatch? Oh, O K. If that is truly so, then please return to me my 541HB and then seeing how I am now left with one son, then I reckon that he will be the only heir? :ymdevil:
Pat bought that months ago. Did he not send you the check?
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Pat is an honorable man and would never do such.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Talked to Mark Pharr on the phone yesterday, and he said the only reason he is coming is to beat up on Jorge Cigarro and Chango. He said Chango has been ducking him for years and he has a score to settle with him. Dustin skipped the Texas State Levergun match so he could stay at home and practice. He claims to have practiced 4 hours a day for the last 2 weeks and is in the finest form he's ever been in. Wimpy has been fishing everyday this week to gather enough fish for the fish fry on Saturday. He says it's been tough, but someone had to do it. Bruce Finley is bringing his brother and his nephew to beat up on the Juniors. Evidently Jonah, the nephew, just won some highfalutin shotgun tournament somewhere and is itching to beat up on kids instead of adults. Looks like a fun match. Hope to see y'all there.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Thanks goes out to Wimpy, Donnie, Gabby and all the members of Golden Triangle Gun Club who hosted this match. Good, close competition throughout the weekend. Great lunches were served.. A nice, clean range that was close to the hotels and eateries. A well organized and efficiently run match. Julie and I had a great time.
Bobby H.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

Has anyone posted the scores yet?
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

atomicbrh wrote:Thanks goes out to Wimpy, Donnie, Gabby and all the members of Golden Triangle Gun Club who hosted this match. Good, close competition throughout the weekend. Great lunches were served.. A nice, clean range that was close to the hotels and eateries. A well organized and efficiently run match. Julie and I had a great time.
Bobby H.
I agree with Bobby on this. A big thanks to Wimpy for being match director and running this match. A big thanks goes to Donnie for doing the cooking and some great food. A big thanks to the rest of the Golden Triangle Gun Club to helped behind the scenes.

The target setters done a great job also.

Donnie: When the match is held there in two years, maybe you will have enough time to have some home grown tomatoes for us. =))

I did have a great time and really enjoyed my self. I am planning on being back in 2 years for the next match. Thanks everyone. :-bd