Louisiana Smallbore Silhouette Championship - March 25-26, 2017

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Louisiana Smallbore Silhouette Championship - March 25-26, 2017

Post by dustinflint »

Everyone,

The Louisiana Smallbore silhouette state championship match will be on March 25-26, 2017 in Gonzales, Louisiana. The program with entry form is attached.

Sorry for the late notice. This is the first year that this match will be shot in conjunction with the Louisiana 4H Southern Regional. We are making changes to this match to hopefully grow it into a very large match with great competition and great prizes. Please consider making the match. Please note that this year registration will be LIMITED TO THE FIRST 48 ENTRIES!

Please reply here with any questions or shoot me an email (see the program). We hope to see you in Gonzales in March!

Dustin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Louisiana Smallbore Silhouette Championship - March 25-26, 2017

Post by acorneau »

I'm going to try my best to be there and hopefully bring a few of the Houston crew in tow.

Any info on lodging options?
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Allen,

There are lots of brand-new hotels with within a mile of the range. Talk to Pat, Chris, Bill and the rest of the Houston crew about which one they like the best. I've never stayed in any of them.

Bring a bunch of people! We're going to try to get some good prizes and make this thing big in the next couple of years.

Dustin
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

Hoe far is New orleans from here?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

delgadoh wrote:Hoe far is New orleans from here?
Estimating from a map, Gonzales is about 40 miles from New Orleans and about 15 miles from Baton Rouge.
Allen Corneau
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

delgadoh wrote:Hoe far is New orleans from here?
It's a very easy drive from the New Orleans airport. About a 35-40 minute drive right up I-10.

Dustin
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

We are a week and a half away! If you plan to enter and pay at the match instead of sending an entry form, please drop me a line and let me know that you're coming. Thanks!

Dustin
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

http://photobucket.com/share/links?u=ht ... 1%26o%3D00

Monsoon off and on today. Great lunch. Great match. Thanks to Lapua and Adam Braverman for his support.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Results from today's Standard Rifle State Championship. Congrats to all the winners and especially Standard Rifle state champion Elisabeth Steiger!

No hurricane for tomorrow's Hunter match!
LA Standard Results.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Congrats again to Elisabeth Steiger who took home the Louisiana Smallbore Hunting Rifle state championship in a shootoff.

Elisabeth is also the 2017 Louisiana Smallbore Silhouette Grand Aggregate state champion, a repeat of last year's aggregate championship.

Great shooting Elisabeth!
LA Hunter Results.jpg
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

Overall it was another great match and some fantastic shooting took place. Congratulations to Elisabeth Steiger on some very fine shooting. Elisabeth was the top shot this weekend. ^:)^

I also want to thank Dustin for putting on another great match. :-bd

A big thank you to all of the out of state shooters that made the trip. For the shooters that haven't made this match before, you need to start planning to make it next year. I hear that next year's match will be even bigger and better.
Deau-we
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Deau-we »

As Ken Green said; I want to thank Dustin for all his hard work in putting this match together and to thank all of the shooters who traveled from out of state to participate.
Thanks to our chefs for the weekend; Jerry Tureau and Ken Green. Its very hard to be a participant and to cook at the same time.
I dont want to forget our dessert chef, Patrice who makes a mean blackberry cobbler.
Cungratulaions to Elizabeth Steiger in winning this years tournament.
And lastly, Dustin included a lot of 4H shooters in the tournament. I spoke with one of the 4H instructors today about including them in the match and he told me that we more than likely picked up a few junior shooters to carry on after they finish with 4H.
Great vision for bringing in new shooters Dustin!
Try to come out and make the match next year. If those of you who shot and had a great time bring one more shooter next year. We might get some of the manufactures attention and start getting them very interested in putting up some nice prizes. We need to do our part in order to get them to commit to our sport. It takes time and commitment from all shooters in order to get them interested, not complacency or expecting someone else to do all the hard work. Show by example and be an ambassador for our sport.

Dewey
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Hear, hear!

My personal thanks to Dustin and crew for putting on a great match, Jerry and Ken for feeding us good hardy food, and all the competitors that came out and had a good time.

Separately, I'd like to thank Adam Braverman from Lapua/SK for sending five bricks of Lapua Center-X and five bricks of SK Rifle Match for prizes. Industry-wise, no one else does more to support silhouette the way Adam and the Lapua/SK team does and they deserve our support in return.

You guys rock. \m/
Allen Corneau
Deau-we
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Deau-we »

Oh yeah, a big shout out to Adam and all that he does and has done for the sport.

Dewey
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

A big Thank You and 2 :-bd :-bd to Adam Braverman and Lapua for sending the case of ammo that was given out as door prizes.

I also want to say thank you to our own club members that pitched in and helped where ever they were needed.

Deau-we: I am glad that everyone enjoyed that food that was cooked at the match. It was tough on me Sunday morning, to cook while shooting the morning match. While I was shooting, my mind was actually on the food cooking. I was more concerned with the food turning out good, than I was with my score. My morning match score was proof of it :((