Hassayampa Website

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
JWebster
B Poster
B Poster

Hassayampa Website

Post by JWebster »

After finding this comment
Unfortunately, after our web site was taken off line by an individual who was hosting and updating it on his own without giving us any notice, we now have people in the club wondering if Club Web sites are useful and/or needed at all.
I decided to make it clear why the website was taken off-line.

I spoke with the Treasurer of the club personally and stated that I was retiring from Rifle Silhouette. He asked at that time about the website. I stated that I would allow a reasonable amount of time to make other arrangements. In other words, I had no intent of continuing the free hosting.

Later I decided that it would not be difficult to keep the website up and running for the club if the results from every match was not placed there. So I emailed the following words in the exact for you see here:
I have revised the website. If you would like, I would still host the website, similar to what you see now, at no cost. The schedule might be in a different format when it needs updated next year, other than that, the club information would remain the same.
I received no response. Under the impression they may have been angry about not having the scoring results, I came up with another idea to include those. so I sent the following in its exact form:

I am not trying to be malicious, I am trying to offer you a website at no cost for several years. I can't afford to take the time to create pages for scores regularly. NOTE: If someone is willing to organize it in a spreadsheet for me in a way I can paste them into a template I made, we can keep the scores up too. It would be easy for me to get the scores updated that way and I would not mind.
[/b]

I never received a response. After three days of no reply, I emailed the club President with the following, again in its exact content except removing the name of an individual:
I have emailed XXXX with no response at all regarding the website. Even though I am not going to be a part of the club anymore, I offered to keep the club website up and maintain the yearly schedule at zero cost. I offered to return the scoring results and keep them up-to-date if they are sent to me in a spreadsheet I can paste into a template to make it easier to update. Certainly nothing was done by me to merit non-communication. I wouldn't think free is a bad offer. I am still willing to keep up the site for the entire length of time it does not cost me anything. I believe I paid for 10 years of hosting the last time I updated the site. I will not continue any offer of providing the site if I cannot receive any communication.

I received no response at all, ZERO. After three more days of non-communication, the website was taken off-line. Sorry Bob259 the statement that website was taken off-line without notice is false. There was plenty of notice and plenty of opportunity to have a free website for the club, including the scores.

Believe it or not, within one day of the website being gone, I received an email.
pinkgun
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Hassayampa Website

Post by pinkgun »

If someone is wanting to get in contact with the club to register for a shoot, how would they currently do that?

Thanks!
JWebster
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Hassayampa Website

Post by JWebster »

I think they are looking into that now.

My only point here would be that Bob259 could have easily discussed the website issue without trying to slander me personally, although not by name at least. The statement about kicking me out of the club is even more dignified.

It only takes seconds to send an email, not days. "we'll get back to you" does not take long at all to write.