General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

That is how many road miles it is from Bennett, Co to Ridgway, Pa. :shock: But.....it was my birthday last Saturday and the three girls in my life pooled their money and bought me an all expense paid trip to the 2017 Nationals.....wooo hooo!! The wife and I will take my 36 mpg Camry and a bottle of Advil to relieve the leg cramps and stiff joints from long travel. :D I have never been there but heard it's nice.

Sorry Roger, looks like I will have to pass on the Wyoming State this year.
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 1493.5

Post by ppkny »

Bob,
You will not be disappointed. The people that run the matches are top notch. There's a SB tune up match on Saturday (regular club match) before the Nationals so plan on that if you're interested.
There's only a few motels in the area: (don't wait to long to book) A lot of shooters prefer the Royal and Gunners
Comfort Inn & Best Western in St. Marys, PA $$$
Royal Inn in Ridgway, PA $$ http://royalinnpa.com/
Gunners Inn St Marys, PA $$ http://www.gunnerspa.com/

Here's a picture of the HP range. The targets above the 500 M go out to 1000 M for their Varmint shoots. This picture is a little old and both the HP and the 1000 ranges have been expanded.

I'm not personally involved but have been shooting there for many years. Looking forward to meeting you.

ppkny
Endicott, NY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I see you have finally mover closer to CRC. :-o
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Pete, the reservations are already made for the Royal. I will only be there for HP. We have a rough idea of where our nightly stops along the way will be. Likewise on meeting you and the other easterners.

Jerry, it will be six months on the 26th March since we moved out of the Denver area. Best move we ever made. But, it is just a matter of time before the metro area expands eastward. Hopefully a long time.
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Bob,just a thought on another stop on way to Ridgway or return trip.
Camp Perry Ohio,Port Clinton,CMP National matches are going on the same week as Ridgway starting July 15.
This is an excellent opportunity to buy components (bullets,primers,powder and 22 ammo)as many vendors are there.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Bob, it's great to hear you are coming to Ridgway this year. See you in July.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

2110.8 here, but I don't have the time off to go. Have fun Bob! Good luck to ya.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
44 mag
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by 44 mag »

Bob, I am the match director for the SB Nationals and will also be there helping with HP. If there is anything I can help you with do not hesitate to ask. You will not be disappointed with the match or the people. See you in July. Mike Haynes
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Thanks for throwing out the welcome mat, guys. Looking forward to seeing you all and shooting in calm conditions. You don't get wind there, right?