How many air rifles???

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...

How would you feel if air rifle silhouette went to one rifle?

I do not currently shoot air rifle silhouette and WOULD likely start if the rules moved to one rifle.
20%
I do not currently shoot air rifle silhouette and WOULD NOT likely start if the rules moved to one rifle.
24%
I currently shoot air rifle silhouette and DO believe that a move to one rifle would increase participation.
16%
I currently shoot air rifle silhouette and DO NOT believe that a move to one rifle would increase participation.
40%
I currently shoot air rifle silhouette and would likely QUIT if the rules moved to one rifle.
No votes

Total votes: 50

glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: How many air rifles???

Post by glen ring »

I like the idea of entering with only one gun at a match. Makes sense. I would LOVE to have a $2200.00 FWB field target gun to shoot, but the reality is I can only afford a $600.00 springer .

I like the simplicity of not carrying a tank or pump around. We shoot a break barrel Beeman and I can't imagine having more fun than we do with it.

With a match format like that no one is excluded and it's not intimidating to the guy/gal that owns a $150.00 break barrel sparrow killer.
Just Be Nice **==
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

If you are only going to buy one air rifle and don't want a pump or tank to purchase and carry around, I highly suggest buying a used single-stroke pneumatic (SSP) like an Anschutz 2002 like Brent was/is selling here.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11824

That one is a bit above your $600 price tag but that's partially because it has the nicer (more expensive) walnut stock. The standard beech and laminate stock rifles go for right about your $600 price tag, and they're just as accurate as the pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) target models that eventually replaced them in high level international competition. The triggers are also Olympic competition quality. Someone let me borrow one to shoot the open match the first time I attended the Southern Nationals years ago, and I was amazed at how easy to use it was and how accurate all of the true target air rifles were.
Cowgirl
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Cowgirl »

Why are we always trying to change the rules--look what it did to HP Hunter class. The attendance was down to 55 competitors at Nationals last year. Let's keep it at 3 rifles for air rifle. If you don't want to shoot three, just shoot one or two. As far as Cowboy Lever Action is concerned, there are three separate championships! Just shoot the ones you want to and leave those alone who want to shoot 3 rifles! Quit trying to cause problems.