2017 Montana invitational (the match formerly known as MontanaState)

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

2017 Montana invitational (the match formerly known as MontanaState)

Post by OldRanger »

Howdy, here is the entry form for our 60 shot invitational match on September 2nd and 3rd. Sat is 2x60 shot smallbore matches and Sun is 2x60 shot high power matches. C'mon out and shoot with us!

Kris
2017 MONTANA INVITATIONAL ENTRY.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: 2017 Montana invitational (the match formerly known as MontanaState)

Post by OldRanger »

This match is coming up fast, get your entries in to Mike. See you there!
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Just wanted to post an email Mike sent about this match:

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update for our Invitational match coming up this weekend.
It’s extremely smokie here in the valley. Lots of fires going on all around us.
If smoke gives you problems you may not want to be here. 😊
There will be no camp fires at the range this year. Sorry!
All smoking should be done inside vehicles and please be very careful. It’s extremely dry.

Terry Kien will be serving a hot meal at noon on Saturday for free. (most likely a hot rice dish with wild game meat of some kind)
You will just need to bring your drinks and any sides you may want.

We will not be weighing rifles at this match since it is a non sanctioned match. We trust that everyone will be honest and use equipment that conforms to NRA rules.
We encourage everyone to show up and sight in in Friday since we will have a very short sight in period on Saturday and Sunday.
We will be setting HP targets up around noon on Friday. If you can help our backs would really appreciate it.

Saturdays small bore sight in will start at 7:30 and the match will start at 9:00.
We will have a no host dinner at the Montana Club on North Reserve Saturday night for those who want to come. We will decide the time depending on when we finish the match, but it usually starts about 1 hour after we finish the awards for small bore. (approx. 5:00 pm)
Sundays high power sight in will start at 7:30 and the match will start at 8:00. This doesn’t leave much time for sight in on Sunday so please try to do that on Friday.
We want to get everyone out and on the road as soon as possible Sunday night but please be patient. We want to get scores correct first and foremost.
If you have any questions please feel free to write or call me.
Thanks
Mike
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I want to thank everyone that turned out to shoot in Missoula last weekend. Great shooters make a great match.
Anyways, here are the results of the Missoula Invitational.

The overall winner of the match was Paul Davis. Which also made him the winner of the Montana leg of the dakota Territory Championship. I think Scott Larson won the Dakota Territory Championship, with Kent Geffre in second and Mark Sorensen coming in a close third. Congrats to all of you!
Missoula Invitational 2017.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.