Pneumatic reset target system in Oklahoma?

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Pneumatic reset target system in Oklahoma?

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Resetting target system, pneumatic in Oklahoma?

Any where on the interwebs that has details of this system?
Seems interesting.

Just contemplating, no actual evil plans...... yet.
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Pneumatic reset target system in Oklahoma?

Post by Jason »

Send a private message to Glen Ring here on this forum using this link: Send PM to Glen Ring

I believe the targets that you're referring to are the ones used at his range and possibly even in the matches that he and his wife run. I haven't had the pleasure of shooting there yet, but I hear that the targets work very well and it's a great match. He is usually very generous with information, so I'm sure he can tell you whatever you need to know about the resettable target system.
Last edited by Jason on Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Hotrodrockets
We have air reset out to 500 meters. If you need details on the construction, etc... I'll get them for you or get you in contact with the range guy that has installed and maintains them.

They are wonderful..when everything is working.
Just Be Nice **==
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Here is a sketch of a reset system. The shutoff valves are ball valves and the control valves are air control valves. They charge the system with air when pushed forward and release all the air when they are set back. For it all to work, you have to have a dedicated range and be able to lock others out or they will destroy the system. Seems some people will shoot at anything they can find.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Hook the 2 pictures together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I wonder if the scores are lower on this automatic system then they would be with free standing targets? It wouldn't really matter since everyone at your match is shooting the same targets, but I hit a lot of edges and have targets barely fall or fall in odd ways that might not fall if there was a hinge...
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Hotrodrockets
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hotrodrockets »

Thank you for the Info!
Tennessee Sports Foundation President / Metallic Silhouette Society
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Our system is similar. We have deflector plates on the front of each so they are protected. The general club members use the range every day. The rules are posted about not shooting the targets and we have video set up if anyone does. It's amazing that only about 40 pounds of pressure is all it takes to set up a bank of 15 big bore rams. We have two dedicated air compressors and two tanks. The transmitters hit a relay about 100 yards away on the small-bore side and 200 yards away on big bore. When it's all working it's really fast. When it's not, I thank our #1 do it all guy Woody Liddell for his quick repairs.

The only worry at our range is stepping behind the target line and the WILD HOGS. We have wild hogs tearing the place up and it's essentially right in town.
Just Be Nice **==
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Jim Luke set a national record here a few years ago. The PC rams are tough if you don't have a center fire PC. The BIG BORE rams fall TOO easily sometimes when it's windy. I've heard all the normal complaints about not tipping a 22 target if it's hit in the foot, belly etc.. My scores are what I shoot everywhere else. You're scores may vary.

One of the IHMSA guys shoots a 6BR pistol and he takes down, very reliably, 5oo meter rams.
Just Be Nice **==
Hawkeye7br
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Hawkeye7br »

There is a set for sale in the classifieds. Not mine, but I can put you on to the seller. Very reasonable price, targets included are 3/8 scale rimfire pistol and 1/2 scale Field/Hunter pistol.