New Range Top Shot Shooting Facility

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

New Range Top Shot Shooting Facility

Post by atomicbrh »

Julie and I shot a monthly match at a new silhouette range in Quitman, LA yesterday. The range is called Top Shot Shooting Facility. They had everything set up to shoot the Smallbore scoped matches and all three lever gun matches plus handgun in one day. The range is beautiful and the firing line cover is the largest we have ever shot under. The road leading right up to the range is a 4 lane divided highway. No low speed driving on miles of pig trails to arrive at the range. It may have been a new range but two experienced silhouette shooters run the matches. We had a great time. Thanks Danny and Bruce for putting on these matches.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: New Range Top Shot Shooting Facility

Post by dhatch »

Thanks atomicbrh. We enjoyed your visit and welcome you back. Our offer to you and or any visitor is that if given at least a full weeks notice, we will grill something and have anyone's favorite dessert there and possibly home made ice cream.
Y'all come.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I hate I missed the visit. Hopefully next time I'll be in state!
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

How convenient for you to be out of state. :ar!
June 17th. I'll be there. I'll be your Huckleberry. B-)
Bring it on!!! :-ss
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dhatch wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:56 am How convenient for you to be out of state. :ar!
June 17th. I'll be there. I'll be your Huckleberry. B-)
Bring it on!!! :-ss
Well I mean, some of us have to work for a living. I'm not sure you're familiar with the concept.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Yo Belly is objective evidence that you did not go hungry as a child. =))
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

dhatch wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:38 pm Yo Belly is objective evidence that you did not go hungry as a child. =))
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

:)) =)) :ymapplause: :-@ :ymbringiton:

Good One!!!! I lika that one.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Can someone please post a match calendar? If silhouette is alive and well down there we will have to visit, as programs are closing fast everywhere else.

Thanks!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

SqHunter. Terribly busy right now. I will answer tonight.
Silhouette is alive and well here. We are small in number but are not going anywhere.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

hello sqhunter. check out the website for our range. topshotshootingfacility.com. the range is located at 136 Lowery Road, Ouitman, LA 71268.
our schedule for the rest of this year is this. the first saturday of the month we set up the 1/5th scale resettables and the 1/2 scale smallbore targets to shoot a match each of smallbore standard rifle, hunter rifle, and smallbore lever action. this first saturday schedule is good through november of this year.
on the third saturday of the month, we set up to shoot pistol silhouette, pistol cartridge lever action, and center fire rifle lever action. this third saturday schedule is only good through august.
at our first saturday match this month, we knew we had vistors coming that wanted to do some serious shooting, so we set up to shoot 5 matches that day and we did, one match for each for smallbore std rifle, hunter rifle, smallbore lever action, pistol cartridge and the centerfire rifle. we also grilled and had a Dr. Pepper cake.
we have been talking about and really want to put on a two day tournament at Top Shot covering the 3 Lever Action rifles, in 2018. if we could get a vistor or two each month this year, that would be encourgement that we would get a decent turnout for us to take the plunge and go for it next year.
for anyone that wants to come, PM me for contact information and we can talk. thanks, dhatch.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

dhatch wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:04 pm hello sqhunter. check out the website for our range. topshotshootingfacility.com. the range is located at 136 Lowery Road, Ouitman, LA 71268.
our schedule for the rest of this year is this. the first saturday of the month we set up the 1/5th scale resettables and the 1/2 scale smallbore targets to shoot a match each of smallbore standard rifle, hunter rifle, and smallbore lever action. this first saturday schedule is good through november of this year.
on the third saturday of the month, we set up to shoot pistol silhouette, pistol cartridge lever action, and center fire rifle lever action. this third saturday schedule is only good through august.
at our first saturday match this month, we knew we had vistors coming that wanted to do some serious shooting, so we set up to shoot 5 matches that day and we did, one match for each for smallbore std rifle, hunter rifle, smallbore lever action, pistol cartridge and the centerfire rifle. we also grilled and had a Dr. Pepper cake.
we have been talking about and really want to put on a two day tournament at Top Shot covering the 3 Lever Action rifles, in 2018. if we could get a vistor or two each month this year, that would be encourgement that we would get a decent turnout for us to take the plunge and go for it next year.
for anyone that wants to come, PM me for contact information and we can talk. thanks, dhatch.
Thank you, we may very well come down for a match or two.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

When is your regular air rifle match? I don't see it in your post.

Thanks again!
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Well, we have been having them in the Lengendary Chicken Coop, but we had the last one on the 4th Sunday in May. The Coop is all closed up with no air circulating and now till winter time is very hot in there so we don't do much, cept mighty early in the morning or after the sun goes down.
Our normal schedule for monthly Coop Shoots start in January through May. The weekend after the Super Bowl is when we have the Regional Coop Shoot.
But we would be more than happy to set up our air rifle resettables at the Top Shot range and shoot them outdoors. In fact, if and when you decide to come, if you will let me know just what all silhouettes you want to shoot, no matter how you mix them up, we will set them up and shoot till dark. It wouldn't be the first time.
We are not able to do HP silhouette. Shuckens.
From where might you be traveling from, if I may ask? I would say that we would meet you halfway, but that would entail some issues with logistics. :)) :roll:
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

For whatever its worth, I have the website as up to date as my information is. Currently there are no club match results for silhouette as we haven't gotten the necessary folks organized for that data collection, but the site is ready for it when we are.

If you need something easy to reference for when matches are occurring, the site has a page that should encompass everything that is happening. I also embedded a calendar for an easier visualization of the match frequency. I may also have an announcement on the homepage for anything out of the norm.

http://www.topshotshootingfacility.com/matches