You can't compete against those 'custom rifles'

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

You can't compete against those 'custom rifles'

Post by Bob259 »

Well think again and it's been proven in Silhouette, I think it was Massey that has a 2x4 silhouette rifle that beat a lot of folks in our game too.

This is an interesting article on stocks. For all those that think you need the latest and greatest to compete this should open your eyes.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017 ... 2BTrending
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: You can't compete against those 'custom rifles'

Post by Merlin »

Cool article...but... Don't confuse "because of" with " In spite of" when you speak of equipment.

The article also says something about its not the arrow it's the Indian. Anyone who has EVER shot a bow with bad/cheap arrows can call BS on that statement. :D
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If you have a $300 to $500 scope and a 1 minute rifle, you can be competitive. That rig may not win the nationals for you but by the time you are that competitive you will have upgraded to a 1/2 minute rifle and a $1,000 scope. It is the indian, not the arrow as long as you don't show up with "junk".
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

While I agree the indian is much more important than the arrow, it isn't irrelevant. Obviously he still has a sub moa rig even with a 2x4. And that flat rig certainly is better for bench rest than for standing. But kudos to the man for being able to shoot that thing well. Does this mean you are going to step up with a 2x4 on your 7-08 Bob? I'd pay good beer if you could win a silhouette match with that!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

OldRanger wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:25 pm While I agree the indian is much more important than the arrow, it isn't irrelevant. Obviously he still has a sub moa rig even with a 2x4. And that flat rig certainly is better for bench rest than for standing. But kudos to the man for being able to shoot that thing well. Does this mean you are going to step up with a 2x4 on your 7-08 Bob? I'd pay good beer if you could win a silhouette match with that!
Hmmm, for a 'good' beer it might be worth a try Old Ranger. :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Most of the CF factory rifles now days are capable of 1 moa accuracy now days. Many of the moderate price 22s will shoot less than 1 1/2 moa with a little experimenting with target ammo. I shot into hunter AAA with a factory 10-22 but it took lots of practice which most people won't do. The indian needs to practice.