.22 BPCR

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

.22 BPCR

Post by glen ring »

Jeanne and I have found a new ( to us ) silhouette sport that is SO much fun. .22bpcr.
We can take one rifle, a couple of boxes of ammo and shoot a match.
It's quiet, no reloading or chasing brass and the rifles are ..well just plain pretty.

Some of the great riflemen of the past recommended starting a new shooter at prone to learn the basics before moving on to master other positions.

I think THIS sport is a great one to introduce my grandson to silhouette.

It requires little strength when shooting prone and let's face it, when you whack one of those little rams at 200 meters you'll be hooked.

Give it a whirl. It's a blast.
Just Be Nice **==
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: .22 BPCR

Post by BrentD »

.22bpcr has its own website. but its forum is not rely very functional. I wonder if a spot could be created for it here.

It is a great game, probably the most fun of any shooting sport I have played at.

And you are right, they have the coolest, fanciest, most beautiful rifles of any shooting game. Unbelievable how nice some of those rifles are. But they are guns that get shot a lot too, so investing in them makes a lot of sense.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

We could add it to the Forums if there's enough interest? People want to chime in?
ImageImage
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I'd be interested in learning more about BPCR. What makes a rifle eligible...would a Martini ever qualify?

Interested to know more.

Michael
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

snaketail2 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:49 am I'd be interested in learning more about BPCR. What makes a rifle eligible...would a Martini ever qualify?

Interested to know more.

Michael
BPCR silhouette and the 22 spin off require an exposed hammer. Your martini would however be legal in blackpowder target rifle.
You can find the NRA rules books available to read online here.http://compete.nra.org/official-nra-rule-books.aspx
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

mordecai wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:38 am We could add it to the Forums if there's enough interest? People want to chime in?
It is a silhouette game. I would think that it should be here even if I never shoot in it. It's Silhouette.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

G'day All
We already have the blackpowder section that isn't seeing a lot of traffic. Just post there, I do.
Have to agree with Brent, the .22 bpcr is a match that is great fun and it is also a great place to start juniors. We had ten at the Nationals at Raton this year and they all had a blast. As the parent of one of them it was great to see the way that they all got on, both during and after the matches. My son feels that he now has a bunch of new friends and I'm sure they will be looking forward to the next time they meet.
Taps
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

I would fully support a 22 BPCR section, but will also start watching the Black Powder sections.

I have recently started hosting 22 BPCR matches in the afternoon of my Cowboy Matches at CRC (Colorado Rifle Club) the 2nd Saturday of the month.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
DonM
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DonM »

How has your turn out been on those matches Grizz?
jimkidwell
A Poster
A Poster

Post by jimkidwell »

This would be a great place to round out the Silhouette game. 22 BPCR is a great and growing sport for all, especially for developing future shooters. I would not hesitate adding it to this forum........FWIW...........
....................................Jim
You are a ghost driving a meat covered skeleton made from stardust riding a rock floating through space.
Fear nothing. (anon)……………………
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Both full-bore BPCR and the scaled down 22LR version of it are welcome to be discussed in the "Black Powder" forum, just like all three disciplines of lever action rifle silhouette are discussed in that forum. There's no need to wait for anything to get added. Feel free to discuss away and promote growth of the sport right now. :)
BrentD
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by BrentD »

One of those said juniors... The martinis are 310 Cadets that the guy in the background brought along for post-match plinking.

After the .22bpcr match #1 there was a shoot off on Turkeys for all of the juniors for a pot of cash contributed by whomever wished to chip in. The idea was that the winner should get a brand new match rifle. This is one good way to recruit new shooters. The pot was somewhere just north of $900 before it was all over. It was a blast to watch them shoot.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

How about a compromise!

22bpcr.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Taps »

That'll work! :-bd
Now, if we could just get on with some constructive contributions. :wink:
Taps
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

My turn-out had been low so far, because we are just getting started. So far I have only managed to have one match. Next match will be August 12 starting around noon.
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!