Flyers for match announcements.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Flyers for match announcements.

Post by dhatch »

I am in bad need of help to create an flyer to distribute locally to announce our local matches. I am lacking big time in the creativity and artistic department. Even if I wasn't I wouldn't know how to look around on the web to pull together what looks great and would catch peoples eye. I have seen several really nice looking ones.
Can someone point me in the right direction on the web or something that you do for your local range, so that I can start trying to put one together? Locally we are failing to get the word out about what we do. This is a much needed step in what we want to accomplish in 2018 which is to increase attendance and we are seriously considering putting on a two day Lever Action Tournament. Thanks for your help.
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Flyers for match announcements.

Post by atomicbrh »

Microsoft Word seems to work for us to compose fliers.
Doodaddy can whip that out in about 90 seconds as fast as he can type.
If you use black ink put it on bright colored paper so it will stand out more than white paper.
Use thick paper as in 65 pound paper. I found out when people handle that they will not just throw it away as soon as you turn the corner.
You can go around to local sporting goods and gun stores to see if they will display your fliers. It is in their best interest to display the flier so that they can sell more guns and ammo.
Unfortunately, people have changed and cannot comprehend the many reasons to shoot silhouette.
I wonder if anybody has put match schedule fliers on car windshields in Wal-Mart parking lots or other big box store parking lots to see what would happen?
As far as advertising goes we noticed this week that Savage is going old school. In a few weeks Savage reps. will be at a gun club local to us allowing people to live fire out to 300 yards with their products. That is what all the manufacturers had to do at one time. Winchester, Remington and many others had people travelling around the country demonstrating their products. The radio stations have frequent ads announcing the date, time and particulars of this event.