Mexican nationals

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Mexican nationals

Post by abraverman »

Hey Pat and Elizabeth!! Congrats on a great trip. Sounds wonderful. I hope I'm able to make this trip at some point.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

A big congratulations to Elisabeth :-bd on some real fine shooting. Pat: I know you are real proud of her.

Pat: you didn't do too bad yourself. If you ask real nice, maybe Elisabeth will be willing to give you some tips to help you shoot better =)) .

Thanks for the pictures. They have a first class range. I bet both of you had a great weekend that you will not forget.

I can only guess of all of the hard work that took place behind the scene, that the normal shooters never see.

Being able to make that match would be the highlight of the year.
Last edited by Ken Green on Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Considering we got maybe 4 hours of sleep at night, we did ok. Its the worst ive shot since i started. It really didnt matter how i did as i was there as the support animal. I had a 1712 in a lefty pharr stock, leupold scope and i was shooting center x. No excuses. Elisabeth too was tired and missed shots she normally hit. Its hard to go to a strange range and shoot someone elses rifle. It puts the performance of the guys who come up here and do it in perspective. In the end we had a fantastic time. We made a bunch of new friends, learned a lot, and visited the birthplace of our sport. We had traditional authentic Mexican food and drink. Closest i can compare it to is Winnsboro in the old days. I urge you to make the effort to go. It is worth the trip.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

E and a falcon they use for pest control in Monterrey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

More shot n shot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

More shot n shot
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

I was asked how much it cost to do this.
Airfare round trip from Houston was $250 per person on United. Regular tickets.
Entry fees were about $100 each
Hotels were about $100 per night.
Food was less than $20 per meal including drinks. We ate 3 meals at the range included.
We brought about $300 in gifts.
We used about 4 boxes of ammo each.
Jorge paid us to ride in his car....lol
So for us, less than half the price that ridgeway costs.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

psteiger wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:56 pm I was asked how much it cost to do this.
Airfare round trip from Houston was $250 per person on United. Regular tickets.
Entry fees were about $100 each
Hotels were about $100 per night.
Food was less than $20 per meal including drinks. We ate 3 meals at the range included.
We brought about $300 in gifts.
We used about 4 boxes of ammo each.
Jorge paid us to ride in his car....lol
So for us, less than half the price that ridgeway costs.
That's not bad at all.

Let's assume someone doesn't have connections south of the border at the match. My quick search shows bringing rifles aren't an option. Is there some sort of rental process for international shooters?
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Not to my knowledge. However i am certain there is a way for you to get your stuff down there. Ive been gone from home for 13 days now doing all this from my phone during breaks. I can research it more later. You can get Danny to look for you as we have discussed your tenuous grasp of technology. Just say please.... =)) sorry that was mean..... =)) but i owe you a couple.
dhatch
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dhatch »

Get em !!! :)) =)) =)) I'm loving it! Don't cut him no slack at all !!! 8-}
Proud Member of the C. C. S. A.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

psteiger wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:22 am Not to my knowledge. However i am certain there is a way for you to get your stuff down there. Ive been gone from home for 13 days now doing all this from my phone during breaks. I can research it more later. You can get Danny to look for you as we have discussed your tenuous grasp of technology. Just say please.... =)) sorry that was mean..... =)) but i owe you a couple.
dhatch wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:27 am Get em !!! :)) =)) =)) I'm loving it! Don't cut him no slack at all !!! 8-}
Some people go to the movies. Some movies come to the people.

I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image