Match Director question

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Taps
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Match Director question

Post by Taps »

Some of the scoring problems at the CLAS Nationals were caused by shooters who had "forgotten" their book and nominated the grade they were in until scores were posted. They then magically "found" their book and surprise , surprise, they were in a different grade. :-?
Taps
lijeboy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by lijeboy »

Cheaters are going to cheat. I wish there was a clear cut answer.

Jeanne
~Jeanne Ring

It's always something.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

lijeboy wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:30 am Cheaters are going to cheat. I wish there was a clear cut answer.
There is, as already mentioned... electronic scores. Easily tracked, easily verifiable, easily recalled.

Maybe some day the NRA will catch up to the late 20th century. :!!
Allen Corneau
rogersptl
A Poster
A Poster

Post by rogersptl »

No problem. They need to purchase a new class book AND fire in the highest class available. It is tough to be nice and still follow the rules, but that is what it takes. Best wishes
Close only counts with grenades and horseshoes.
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

I'd much rather have " He was a master class shooter with every gun he ever shot' On my gravestone than " He was a sandbagger that won the A class nationals with a shoot-off against a 13 year old". There will probably always be sandbaggers. Until the reporting is online and the rules changed...the next best thing to do is take a pic of the scoreboard every month. We treat every shooter like family...until they give us a reason to do otherwise. Sandbagging is a pretty good reason i think.
Just Be Nice **==