It was bound to happen.

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: It was bound to happen.

Post by Jerry G »

All those gadget laden rifles are called 'barbie doll rifles'. Ever carry one of those very far? They weigh a tonne (2200 lbs).
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

For individuals that had a Cabelas open near them; how many of the small gunstores went out of business?
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Jerry G wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:10 am All those gadget laden rifles are called 'barbie doll rifles'. Ever carry one of those very far? They weigh a tonne (2200 lbs).
Jerry, I will have to defer to your experience.

How many Barbie doll rifles do you have.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

These 'tactical' rifles are symptomatic of the wannabe warrior that has been showing up more and more. These poor souls fancy themselves 'snipers' and 'operators'. They have taken the video game to the range. As I have bitched about before, at our club 90% of the new members have no interest in competition but they want to shoot 'long range'......and at our club they have to be certified/trained to shoot beyond 200 (or you have to be a competitor in an appropriate discipline). So we have a bunch of pretend warriors who have to take a class and a shooting test but are too shy to compete and they complain that the range is 'occupied' with competitions :-? And we offer every manner of competition from F Class, across the course, Silhouette through bench rest varmint and hunter, IDPA, USPSA, and smallbore.....I don't get it
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Snake wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 am... So we have a bunch of pretend warriors who have to take a class and a shooting test but are too shy to compete and they complain that the range is 'occupied' with competitions ... I don't get it
You can hide how mediocre of a shooter you are if no one else is around or paying attention. If you're competing you can't hide.
Allen Corneau
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

acorneau wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:40 am
Snake wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:31 am... So we have a bunch of pretend warriors who have to take a class and a shooting test but are too shy to compete and they complain that the range is 'occupied' with competitions ... I don't get it
You can hide how mediocre of a shooter you are if no one else is around or paying attention. If you're competing you can't hide.
So very true! Everyone who has seen me compete at the SB Silhouette Nationals, like Jerry and Old Ranger can testify how poorly I shoot.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Up here in the NE most "long range" ranges are 100 yards. Hate to tell you how many "snipers" we have...
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

Another Dang 9 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:05 pm Up here in the NE most "long range" ranges are 100 yards. Hate to tell you how many "snipers" we have...
I have to admit that I am spoiled. At the club I belong to we have steel out to 500-600 yards and I can drive up to the Whittington Center if I want to shoot really far, I love shooting the White Buffalo at just over a kilometer away.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I have to drive to Pennsylvania if I want to shoot long range. But we do have one club up here in NH where we can shoot 200 yards for CLA.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member