Career Opportunity - Lapua Rimfire Service Center

General BS, Match Results, Upcoming Events and all around Gossip...
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Career Opportunity - Lapua Rimfire Service Center

Post by abraverman »

Lapua Rimfire Service Center in Mesa, AZ has an immediate opening for the Manager. Looking for someone who has smallbore competitive experience, mechanical aptitude, loves working in a fast-paced, fun-loving environment.

https://careers.nammotalley.com/Careers ... /hv6kHgy4=
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Career Opportunity - Lapua Rimfire Service Center

Post by Doodaddy »

abraverman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:53 pm Lapua Rimfire Service Center in Mesa, AZ has an immediate opening for the Manager. Looking for someone who has smallbore competitive experience, mechanical aptitude, loves working in a fast-paced, fun-loving environment.

https://careers.nammotalley.com/Careers ... /hv6kHgy4=
Your link is generating a runtime error for me, but I believe I found it on the site.

https://careers.nammotalley.com/Careers ... RdIQrL0%3d
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
abraverman
A Poster
A Poster

Post by abraverman »

atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

It sounds like the ideal candidate will be a Aerospace Engineering major with a high grade point average and experience in armaments research. Too bad none of those folks will take a job lifting 70 pounds and packing boxes but those are the kind of people who would perform well in that position.
I would let the staff at New Mexico Tech, the mining explosives school, know about the opening. Graduates from that school could do the job also and should be more willing to lift heavy boxes.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

atomicbrh wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:29 am It sounds like the ideal candidate will be a Aerospace Engineering major with a high grade point average and experience in armaments research....
I dont see how an aerospace major would be ideal. Hell, we don't even require those for management positions and we make jet engines.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

A aerospace engineering curriculum is a general gamut of the other engineering degrees: materials, structures, fluids, propellants, projectiles, dynamics plus probably more mathematics than a math major. A aerospace engineer has the academic background to make every calculation known to man on what affects a projectile going through the air. A good one after enough data is collected over a period of time can use algorithms to predict the potential success or failure of the ammo before it is even produced. Would you not think designing auglor's jet engines required a team aerospace engineers in the beginning but now only requires calculations periodically in the cases where a design or materials change needs to be implemented? That is the reason both research engineers and production engineers exist. To me this looked like a engineering position. To others it looked like a sales position. To others it looked like a management position.

I do not want to drift off Adam's topic any farther.
Adam and his company have done a whole lot for silhouette competition.
They deserve the best employees they can find.